skin tags

Old 09-09-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
I can;t believe I'm asking this, ...but,,,,,,do any of you have those tiny bumps under your bra line (boobs) They aren't skin tags,but they are teeny bumps - LOTS of teeny bumps and what causes them??/ ahhhhhhh old age gives us alot of mysteries, it is like..."reverse puberty"
Yep...I am just noticing those in that area. I am glad you mentioned them. Now I know it is not just me. Reverse puberty is a good name!
Old 09-09-2011, 03:01 PM

My doctor just snipped mine off, hurt just for a second and they haven't come back. I have so many now and none really bother me so I'm just going to leave them alone.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:30 PM

I had one on my neck was annoying when I wore a necklace.......I shave it off.......I took a breath, closed my eyes...........puff..........I am not suggesting this method for all or even for thingies on the skin; all of which should be evaluated by a Dr. ........this is just what I did............calla
Old 09-09-2011, 04:04 PM

Location: Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North

Originally Posted by plainpat
Did you all notice the ads for skin tag removal on bottom of this thread? Spooky....the puter is like a mind reader....
That is plain spooky!! There it is again!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

One of my Grandsons had a skin tag removed from in front of his ear, He was a Baby and doesn't even know he had one. The Doctor removed it, no way would I try doing this.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:17 PM

Get a new doctor.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:22 PM

My BIL was a pathologist and was frequently asked by his employees to tie off their skin tags. He reports that it was painless for those gals because there should be no nerves in them. They just applied alcohol a few times a day to help dry them up, much as we used to do with umbilical cord stubs. I actually just tied off a huge one on my dog that he had had for years and was so unsightly. I was nervous, but he never seemed bothered by it. After I tied it off with a rubber band, it just necrosed, and when it was mostly dried up, I cut it off. He's still fine. The vet was going to charge over $300 to remove it. Not that folks are like dogs!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by vjengels
I had a couple small-ish ones on my side; I cut them off with a pair of cuticle nippers.... they bled like crazy , but that was 5 years ago & they haven't come back.
I had a friend who went to the Dr. and he used to just nip them off. So instead of paying the Dr., she would just do it herself. I cut one off my self too, and I was surprised how much it bleed. But it has not come back either!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

This is what worked for me. I had read somewhere that vitamin E would remove skin tags, so I pierced a couple of vitamin E tablets and applied the gel on my skin tags. I did this 2 or 3 times and eventually they just dropped off. Totally painless. My husband had his removed by the Dr. who burned them off - guess he didn't like my idea, although he had a couple near his eyes, so that was probably the right thing to do. But try the vitamin E capsule, it works.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
I can;t believe I'm asking this, ...but,,,,,,do any of you have those tiny bumps under your bra line (boobs) They aren't skin tags,but they are teeny bumps - LOTS of teeny bumps and what causes them??/ ahhhhhhh old age gives us alot of mysteries, it is like..."reverse puberty"
I have those bumps...right at the bra line. I figured they were from the bra rubbing and maybe sweat...I do live in Texas! I have no idea what to do about them.

Anita