HOLY COW....Walmart is

Old 09-09-2011, 11:43 PM

I figured when kmart brought it back that it would be nice if walmart did too. Glad to hear it.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:40 AM

Its about time. And I hope that they end up keeping the layaway through out the year.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:54 AM

Have you seen that the precuts you buy at the store you can now order on line?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:05 AM

I work for a Wal-Mart in Ohio. Just to give a heads up.
There are quite a few restrictions. It is good for toys and electronics only. Each item that you put in has to be at least $15.00 and your total order has to be at least $50.00.
It starts around the middle of October and you have to have your things out by December 16, I think. It's good that they are bringing layaway back, but I think they should have included more things than just toys and electronics. If most of your family is older, being able to put clothes or small appliances would be good.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:42 AM

On the walmart page where do we send them our opions about the layaways? I like the idea but I want to let them know that there should not be a limit. Like pakwoman said they should have included more things. There maybe alot of us who don't need the toys or electronics and would like other things. I would like to let them know this. Maybe a petion? Don't they realize that if it isn't limited that they may turn around better than just putting elec. and toys on layway? Some people may want to put their elecs. and toys on layaway at other stores because of the convenience of putting all their items on layaway at the same store.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Don't mean to be a naysayer here, but until it actually arrives in the store here, I won't believe it. Kind of like all the stores getting material back. Won't be happening. One of our friends is head mgr. in a town north of us, and he has not heard of this.
Exactly!!!! mgmt at parsons, ks walmart says "No" to getting fabric back in their store! I drive 40 miles into another state to get fabric from a walmart.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:05 PM

Well, just got back from walmart. I talked to the cashier about the layaway. She said yes it for certain items. I proceeded to ask that if it is a success for them does she think that they will go ahead with the layaway through out the year? She said that she didn't think so because of the walmart.com site to stores. There wouldn't be enough room for everything. That they would have to give up some flooring space or do some changes. That would be ok with me as long as they bring it back all year. So lets keep praying.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:40 PM

We have gotten our material back here in one of the Wal-Marts. One other, didn't even lose theirs!
Old 09-10-2011, 06:58 PM

This is good to hear, thanks for the update.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:14 PM

I think it is great that WalMart is bringing back layaway so many people can afford a nice Christmas. I wondered why they quit in the first place. I talked to my DH who used to work for them after he retired from his own business. He told me WalMart was having a hard time storing all of the layaway merchandise at all of their stores so they rented trailers for storage at quite a cost. They also had trouble with custumers who would use the service for a few weeks and then went back and wanted all of their money back. There were other issues as well and it was a hassle for the associates to deal with. I'm sure there were other reasons as well. My point is that we often don't look at things from the retailers point of view and how some customers poor behavior effects the service for everyone else. I am happy that it is back though. :)