Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where were you when...9/11 memories >

Where were you when...9/11 memories

Where were you when...9/11 memories

Old 09-11-2011, 02:40 AM

I had just gotten off an overnight 12hr shift and was so tired and sleepy. But I had the Today show on when they began talking about a report of a plane hitting the WTC. Then the second one hit. My married DD called me from CA and we stayed on the phone for over an hour. To this day I can't watch the footage from that day. I actually get a sick feeling.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:54 AM

i was on lawn mower cutting grass......sister cam and told me , 2 turn on tv.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:55 AM

i was on lawn mower cutting grass......sister cam and told me , 2 turn on tv.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:04 AM

We were stationed at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX and I was working at JC Penney when someone came out of the break room and told us that a plane has hit the tower. We went to the break room and saw the second plane hit the second tower. Everybody was just in shock.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:06 AM

I was sitting in my cube at work when a co-worker ran by me saying that a plane had hit the first tower. We turned on the TV in the conference room and watched in horror as the towers fell. Glenn was supposed to be downtown at the Food Emporium close to the towers that morning. It was late afternoon before I was finally able to get hold of him and find out that he had stopped at the store in Fort Lee, NJ and never made it into the city. We were lucky-so many others were not.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:57 AM
Power Poster

I had the day off and was sewing. I distinctly remember what a gorgeous day it was. I had the radio on listening to a talk show. I started hearing something that didn't seem to make sense- my brain couldn't comprehend it-that's how awful it was.
I also remember that my quilt group was scheduled for the next evening at my house. Only 1 person showed up.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:57 AM
Power Poster

I was at home,had the TV on and it suddenly came on. I was totally awe struck and couldn't believe it. I was glued to the TV all day.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:16 AM

I had been visiting my sister in Perth Western Australia.We were chatting late into the night because I was coming back,home to Sydney the next day.It was about 11 pm , when we heard the news flash about the first plane hitting the twin tower ,we stayed up for hours watching the TV, we just couldnt belive what had happened. I was very nervous about my 6 hour fleight the next day.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:26 AM

I was sitting in parasitiology class at UNT when SWAT came in and closed down the university and sent us all home. It took a while to get ahold of my dad that day. When I did he informed me that out of the four planes and three buildings he knew, worked with, and were friends of at least 20 victims. Then he went back into lock down. My whole city was in lock down and we found out later why. There was a bunker set up for the president. He was supposed to head toward us to protective hiding. Must say worst and most scary day of my life. The world stopped...
Old 09-11-2011, 04:30 AM

I was at work in a meeting when the secrtary came in and announced a "small" plane hit one of the towers. We immediately got up and turned on a small TV in someone's office and watched in horror as the second plane hit. I always used to wonder how all the US felt on the day of Pearl Harbor. Even rented the movie Pearl Harbor and watched it the week before 9/11. I now know exactly
how they feel.