Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 09-11-2011, 12:01 PM

CoventryUK, I am so excited for you!! That is a great price for a Featherweight!! I can't wait to see your little machine. I think they are just so cute and practical. They are so lightweight to take places.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
CoventryUK, I am so excited for you!! That is a great price for a Featherweight!! I can't wait to see your little machine. I think they are just so cute and practical. They are so lightweight to take places.
Thankyou!!! I'm sooooo excited!!! :D
Old 09-11-2011, 12:51 PM

Did you buy it over there in England? When you get it, you can go to

http://www.mysingerstory.com/

and put in your name, address, and serial number and get a certificate to print out telling your name and that you have (serial number) machine issued in ????? year. I did it last night for my FW and my 99 and think they are neat to have.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
I have just joined the club!!!!! My special friend Izy found me a bargain on e.bay and we won the bid yesterday!!!! I paid £57 plus £10 postage (approx $115 I think!!) A real bargain!! It will be in the post tomorrow can't wait to see it!!!! Will post pics and details when I get it!!! Sooo looking forward to being a member of this club!!!! Izy you.re a star!! Thanks!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Only too pleased to help you join the club!

I suppose I best let on that I too, found a lovely FW a few weeks ago, but had to pay the princely sum of £97 plus £10 shipping...BUT that is still a bargain I guess!!

:-D
Old 09-11-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
Did you buy it over there in England? When you get it, you can go to

http://www.mysingerstory.com/

and put in your name, address, and serial number and get a certificate to print out telling your name and that you have (serial number) machine issued in ????? year. I did it last night for my FW and my 99 and think they are neat to have.
Thanks for the info!! Will do that when I get it!! Yes it is in the UK on e-bay!! There are a few on there but around £85 plus postage!!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:01 PM

I was told to expect to pay between $300 and $600 for a Featherweight here in the states. You both have great prices for the ones you got!!! I don't know how the prices compute.. Do you?
What years are yours? Mine is 1939. I really think it's neat to have a machine that is older than I am that still runs and runs quietly. Unfortunately, I didn't get the black case with it, but the green/white one that the green/white machines go in. I think that was reflected in the price I paid for it. I got mine from a sewing machine repair shop, so it had been cleaned and oiled when I got it.
I didn't buy it for the case anyway, and got a rolling tote for it to live in when I want to take it with me somewhere.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:02 PM

I have inherited a beautiful 1947 black 221. Just had DH fix the wiring for the foot pedal and now she is all set. The woman who gave her to me just passed away last week and in memory of her I am calling the 221 Hazel. It was Hazel's wedding present from her hubby. I also have the big sister, a 1950 black 301. Can't wait to find accessories!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Izy

My FW was born in 1958, black version. The box is very musty, which seems to be a problem with a lot of them. Only other thing I have a problem with is the bobbin winder doesn't want to spin/load the bobbin, any ideas anyone?

Cheers Izy :-D
Old 09-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Izy

I have just had a quick look on ebay Uk...here is a FW for sale your side of the pond:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SINGER-FEA...2#ht_500wt_949

:-D
Old 09-11-2011, 02:21 PM

There have been several postings on how others got rid of the musty smell, Odor Eaters, charcoal, putting it out in the sun, etc. that have worked. Some have put dryer sheets in theirs too.
Don't know what to do about the bobbin winding problem. Billie, lostin51, has some lessons on the FW on the board, and might have something about it there. If no one else has any suggestions here, just start another topic about the bobbin winding problem. There's plenty of help out there.