Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 09-12-2011, 12:25 PM

I received an angel package from mscupid804 today and everything she chose for me was perfect!!

Included was 3 fat quarters and 1/2 a yard of my favorite color fabric - PINK!!! A beautiful pink mug rug, several sewing notions and sewing machine needles; Microwave popcorn and gevalia coffee - delish!!; a coffee mug from her home state of Virginia - one of our favorite places to visit!; 2 puzzle books and a jigsaw puzzle - my favorite pastime after sewing!!; foundation paper because I love to do paper piecing!; a travel sewing kit; a dry erase board and an adorable pair of Angel embroidery scissors and MORE!!! The box was stuffed!!

Thank you Teresa for your generosity!! You made my day!!

Nancy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-255525.jpe
Views:	34
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	255531  
Old 09-12-2011, 12:41 PM

Wow, Nancy! Awesome package!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Swap Hosts

Very nice package. Mscupid is a sweetie. It was wonderful of you to provide pix Nancy!

I know that in the past angel packages haven't been acknowledged in the swap thread for fear of hurting feelings, but I think they should be. If people are mean enough to get a package but not send one back, so be it. And if people are thoughtless enough to send very skimpy or icky old stuff with bugs, maybe they will think twice about it in the future.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:50 PM

oops.. posted on the wrong month.. so I deleted. :)
Old 09-12-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Very nice package. Mscupid is a sweetie. It was wonderful of you to provide pix Nancy!

I know that in the past angel packages haven't been acknowledged in the swap thread for fear of hurting feelings, but I think they should be. If people are mean enough to get a package but not send one back, so be it. And if people are thoughtless enough to send very skimpy or icky old stuff with bugs, maybe they will think twice about it in the future.
I so agree with you Krystyna... very well said friend.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
I found a home here also, and don't post that often as my time is limited, I love to quilt and spend alot of time doing that.. but read
many of the comments and feel like I am friends with some of you even though you don't know me... Does that make sense... I am in m 70's and dealing with alot.. Also have an 82 year old husband, he is active but still takes alot of my time... Would love to get to know you all better but this is a huge board and if it were just the Secret Pal thingy would be a bit easier, but think that number was 180+
last time I looked, very hard to say hi to individuals... So I just wanted you all to know I care and would like to be considered a friend... Rosemary
Hi Friend. Good, bad or in between, we are all here for each other.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:25 AM

Wandercreek, I'm sorry you are being pulled in so many different directions at once. I know it can't be easy. You and your family are in my prayers.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna

I agree too. It is sad and unpleasant that someone will sign to receive but not play the game by giving. I am glad that Lori is giving bad feedback for these people, not because I am nasty, but because they have let undeserving folks down.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:40 AM

Very nice package. I love the glass mug!!! And all of the pink!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful swap you recieved. I hope you like PINK.It's so sad when this happens.And a angel has to step in.The angels try to give extra attention to the swap as it is very late when they are called in.Don't take it personal. It is the sender's problem not the recievers.Enjoy your gift. Mary