Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-14-2011, 11:23 AM

Oh, I almost forgot! My trusty laptop( the one I had since 2006,lol) just suddenly died on me yesterday :? It is giving me the blue death screen and I can't bypass it in any way, maybe I can restore it with an installation CD but of course that CD is long gone. Luckily, all my files and photos are backed up, so no real loss there, but I feel that is the end of an era,lol. I am a little saddened as this laptop and I have traveled the country and part of the world together, it was getting so bad that my dad( who is not that computer savvy) had to comment on my need to buy A new computer,lol. But I am a no frills kind of person when it comes to technology, or cars, or clothes( you catch my drift), I just can't justify buying things to replace things that still work, unless I am selling or donating the old things. Well, finally now I must get in with the program and buy a new laptop. Hopefully, I can use the CD that comes with it restore my dead laptop, erase all personal information and then take it to Goodwill or recycle it.

P.S. My young brother is thrilled that my laptop died, he said it embarrassed him :oops:
Old 09-14-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Oh, I almost forgot! My trusty laptop( the one I had since 2006,lol) just suddenly died on me yesterday :? It is giving me the blue death screen and I can't bypass it in any way, maybe I can restore it with an installation CD but of course that CD is long gone. Luckily, all my files and photos are backed up, so no real loss there, but I feel that is the end of an era,lol. I am a little saddened as this laptop and I have traveled the country and part of the world together, it was getting so bad that my dad( who is not that computer savvy) had to comment on my need to buy A new computer,lol. But I am a no frills kind of person when it comes to technology, or cars, or clothes( you catch my drift), I just can't justify buying things to replace things that still work, unless I am selling or donating the old things. Well, finally now I must get in with the program and buy a new laptop. Hopefully, I can use the CD that comes with it restore my dead laptop, erase all personal information and then take it to Goodwill or recycle it.

P.S. My young brother is thrilled that my laptop died, he said it embarrassed him :oops:
Candi If you buy the same brand laptop you may be able to use the CD that comes with it to restore your old laptop. If you buy a different brand I believe that the recovery disc will only work for that brand. At least that is how it used to be.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:53 AM

Ok so before heading out of town late Friday afternoon we had a late lunch at Denny's. When I came out of the restroom I happened to notice some of the small creamer pitchers and I had an idea, that would make a cute pincushion. I talked to the manager about buying some from her. I figured I'd get a couple for a few dollars each. She tells me that a case comes with 36 and that she would order me one at their cost which would be just under $20 total with tax. I tell her to order me a case. I picked them up last night. Here's a picture of what they look like. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-256621.jpe
Views:	71
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	256627  
Old 09-14-2011, 12:02 PM

To My Secret Swap buddy in the state where cowboys and chaps come together:

I am currently on vacation visiting my BFF Faye aka (Fayzer here on the quilt forum) in lovely Destin, FLA, we are having a blast shopping for those extra special things to put in your box..which will be on its way to you as soon as I am home on the 17th. It will be worth the wait...I promise!!!!

in the meantime....here is a foto of what we made today from the fabric we bought yesterday at this fabulous fabric shop in pensacola. We have been having such a great time visiting all the local shops....

ddlbug - karyn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-256625.jpe
Views:	70
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	256631  
Old 09-14-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Ok so before heading out of town late Friday afternoon we had a late lunch at Denny's. When I came out of the restroom I happened to notice some of the small creamer pitchers and I had an idea, that would make a cute pincushion. I talked to the manager about buying some from her. I figured I'd get a couple for a few dollars each. She tells me that a case comes with 36 and that she would order me one at their cost which would be just under $20 total with tax. I tell her to order me a case. I picked them up last night. Here's a picture of what they look like. What do you think?
OMG how cute are those going to be!!!!! good creative thinking!!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Faye, that is a great paacka you got. Not only did you get Peaces but beautiful fall fabrics too.

Lori, hope all goes well with your epidural. And thanks for sharing the safari info, I love elephants!

Toomonayufos, have a great time this weekend, I am sure you will.

Krystana, I just can't imagine how much stuff you must have had, you are getting rid of of alot and I am sure stilll keeping tons! How does someone collect that much? Lol, maybe I shouldn't ask, as I am not really a collector, I am bothered by clutter, but thanks for saving all that yardage for me when you get as your SP next month :XD:

Two more days and then I can get my mail! Yay!!! Any more hints y'all??
Candi, No more hints for you. We have too much fun watching you stalk everyone.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by grammyj
This is what Isabelle (LIMEY) sent me for September.
Definitely like those fabrics, especially the two on the right! If you don't have a plan for them, I'll PM you my address. You know chocolate isn't good for you so you probably will want to send that my way too and I'll dispose of it in an appropriate manner.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:06 PM

I'm waiting...waiting...waiting.....for a package in my mailbox!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Good morning everyone! Today is the deadline for mailing your packages. Also wanted to let you know the results I got from MRI. I have more degeneration from the degenerative disc disease I have and I also have a bulging disc. The Dr wants me to have an epidural to get relief from the pain. They have a Dr that comes from Iowa City to do them here in Ottumwa on Fridays and we are hoping that I can get it done this Friday. Am waiting on a call from them.
I am glad you have got the results so quickly. Not knowing what is wrong is the worst. Now they can help better with the pain relief. Take care and hoping they can sort you out on Friday.

Hugs,

Sue
Old 09-14-2011, 12:31 PM

I guess my last 3 SP,s don't like their package. The last 3 I have sent out has never posted pictures. Unless I miss them and I keep checking.