Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Help!! Does anyone know how to fix this? Machine Emb. >

Help!! Does anyone know how to fix this? Machine Emb.

Help!! Does anyone know how to fix this? Machine Emb.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:14 PM

You should use a cut-away instead of the tear-away. The tear-away isn't as stable as the other.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by sewmom
Originally Posted by Ginaky
Usually when your outline is off, it is because of the stabilizer. Did you stabilize it and with what? You can tell by the puckering above the tail and by the arm that the fabric had stretched some, which can cause problems like this.
the stabilizer I used was Totally Stable iron on tear away by Sulky and then floated HTCW easy stitch underneath. looks like i'll have to find something better for the stabilizer that adheres to the project. maybe i didn't have it hooped tight enough either. Thanks for the help-i've not really had issues with this before and wasn't sure what i did wrong.
It has been my experience that HTC easy stitch shrinks and puckers and doesn't hold it stable enough. It also melts if you are foolish enough to touch an iron to it like I did! I'd try a regular tear away. Did you hoop both stabilizers or just slide the easy stitch under?
Old 09-14-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Crqltr
Fill in the white with fine tip pigment pens and no one will ever know!
Absolutely use above pens. Many emb designs do this. sometimes the digitizing is off and nothing you did. actually I have seen worse. filling it in with a fine pen is another "dirty little secret" !!! LOL
Old 09-14-2011, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
Usually when your outline is off, it is because of the stabilizer. Did you stabilize it and with what? You can tell by the puckering above the tail and by the arm that the fabric had stretched some, which can cause problems like this.
the stabilizer I used was Totally Stable iron on tear away by Sulky and then floated HTCW easy stitch underneath. looks like i'll have to find something better for the stabilizer that adheres to the project. maybe i didn't have it hooped tight enough either. Thanks for the help-i've not really had issues with this before and wasn't sure what i did wrong.
It has been my experience that HTC easy stitch shrinks and puckers and doesn't hold it stable enough. It also melts if you are foolish enough to touch an iron to it like I did! I'd try a regular tear away. Did you hoop both stabilizers or just slide the easy stitch under?
I just hooped the iron on stabilizer and floated the easy stitch. i think that I need to invest in some different stabilizer.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:45 PM

two layers of stabilizers will do the trick!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:49 PM

I always use a iron-on cut-away stabilizer for high count or dense design. "totally stable" makes me laugh, because of it being a tear-away product. If you can tear away the stabilizer.....it is not meant for high count designs.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:53 PM

hi, make sure the stabilizer large enough to be is hooped also, I tried to skimp on stabilizer and got the same puckered fabric and imperfect design. Love the monkeys.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:47 AM

[/quote] I just hooped the iron on stabilizer and floated the easy stitch. i think that I need to invest in some different stabilizer.[/quote]

I find that two layers of regular pellon tear away stabilizer work well for dense designs. I only use the iron on if it's on a stretchy or delicate fabric.

I attended a seminar given by Cactus Punch designs years ago. They will tell you when they do custom work they digitize differently for knits than for wovens or hats. If the 'under layer' of stitches is not laid down well or if it's not present at all, your sitches will pull in and your outline will have gap-osis.

So sometimes it is you not doing things right but sometimes it's the digitizer.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:52 AM

I have a brpther innovis and have not experienced this problem, but I do use stabilizer and hoop it tight. Sock monkey is so cute, :)
Old 09-15-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Crqltr
Fill in the white with fine tip pigment pens and no one will ever know!
Take out those couple threds on his arm, and you should be good.