My Kitty is ill.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:46 AM

I want to thank everyone for their helpful hints, suggestions, and hugs. These mean the world to me. Benny is doing much better. Like a lot of you mentioned, I will love him as much as I can. But I must say, my other cat, TC is getting jealous with Benny getting all the attention. I don't have any children, but you must love each one equally. Love and Kisses!! Deb
Old 09-15-2011, 06:14 PM

I'm so sorry about your kitty! Yes, I've had 2 with kidney failure, it is so very sad. I gave them subcutaneous fluids every day or two for the rest of their lives. I lost Jason to a lung infection and Ashley to just plain old age (18), not to the kidney failure. Push oral fluids as best you can to keep the kidneys working, they're not as efficient any more. Love him as much as you can! Huge hugs to you and your purr-baby :(
Old 09-15-2011, 07:10 PM

ask the vet exactly what to feed her for a low protein diet - it must have very little meats in it - then ask if you could mix just a teaspoon of tuna juice or tuna into it to get her to as least smell/ taste it sharet
Old 09-16-2011, 07:00 AM

So sorry to hear about your kitty. I went through a similiar situation. My 14 year old cat started going through liver failure. After many, many tests, we were never able to determine the exact cause. I had to inject fluids into her several times a week. Eventually, we decided not to do that any longer, as it was causing her great stress.

We decided that however long she had left, was going to be the best it could be. She started begging like a dog (anything we were eating, she wanted), so she got whatever she wanted. Extra sharp cheddar cheese was her fav!! Well, she lived another 3 years (we never thought in a million years that would happen).

My advice is, if your kitty doesn't have long left - make it the most enjoyable for kitty as possible.