Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-15-2011, 06:33 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
While sitting on the bench waiting for my package I made some potato ( Polish) dumplings, now wish I had a nice Chicken or Beef stock to put them in, also making a Raspberry/Strawberry
Cream pie for the hubby... Nice and cool on our warm days...
Can you please make some pierogi? Store bought aren't the same as my mother's ... and hers weren't the same as my grandmother's!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
While sitting on the bench waiting for my package I made some potato ( Polish) dumplings, now wish I had a nice Chicken or Beef stock to put them in, also making a Raspberry/Strawberry
Can you please make some pierogi? Store bought aren't the same as my mother's ... and hers weren't the same as my grandmother's!
I will be glad to bring the pierogi. My Slovak Baba taught me to make them like she learned in Austria-Hungary. What kind of filling do you prefer?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by leiladylei54
Looky, looky....I received my SP box in today's mail from 3NorwichTerr!!! Thank you, thank you, Deby!!! I am doing the Happy Dance!!!
Beautiful package. That red and gold holly fabric is stunning.
Yes, I love that Red and Gold Christmas fabric....it's beautiful!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I digitized a design for my SP and need to stitch it out when I get off work. I read a couple of her posts on other threads and am thinking that she will like the mini-wall hanging that I am making. That means that first thing tomorrow, I will have it in the mail. I know, I know... a day after I should have sent it out. Unfortunately, I got stuck on a really long phone call with my academic advisor regarding wether or not I wanted to start my doctoral disertation now or delay it awhile. Then, it was a phone call (and another hour) discussing with my husband whether or not to delay. So, I went to bed with a headache, still not sure if I am going to start now or wait, or just give up on the dream of having a PhD.
Whatever you do don't give up on your dream.
Thanks for all the encouragement from everyone. I did some serious thinking and, as a school teacher, thought about my reasons for getting my PhD. I have absolutely NO desire to be an administrator. Nor do I have any desire to move up in the district and work as a curriculum director or anything along those lines. I like working with kids.... most of them, anyway. This past year I was given the opportunity to switch to teaching social studies, after fourteen years as a literacy teacher. I thought I liked teaching English, but now that I get to teach social studies, I LOVE teaching. So, in order to secure my place as a social studies teacher, I am thinking that getting a second master's degree in History would actually help me out more than having a PhD in curriculum development. The only thing that a PhD would do for me now is give me "bragging rights" which is not a big deal at all, and make about a $2000 a year difference from having another masters. I currently have an MA with 30 graduate hours post MA. My MA is in educational technology and my BA is in English with a minor in History. So, I am sure that I will benefit from an MA in History more than a PhD in a field that I really don't care to pursue professionally.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:08 AM

Still no pkg, dunno how much longer I have to wait.....hello.....I HATE waiting! :hunf:
Old 09-15-2011, 07:37 AM

Recieved my Sept secret pal boxfrom grumpy90650. WOW it felt like Christmas in September.... Sorry can't post pictures no camera. I was over welmed at all the goodies! I loved everything. Sarah Fitz.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:38 AM

Ok.......I sent my package out Wednesday but just haven't had the chance to post............so here I am at work posting............hehehehehehe...........

OK ..........clue 1...........North______________________
................clue 2........South______________________
................clue 3...........West______________________
................clue 4 ......likes a lot of things I like........
................clue 5........likes Werther's

I do believe that is enough clues.........but I'm not telling who my SP is.................
Old 09-15-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by SharonAnne
PS My package will be sent to a state with a lot of sand.
FL?? :?:
And who has been into Lori's drugs now????
Hmm maybe Candi? :mrgreen:
Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by walk-n-roll
I will be glad to bring the pierogi. My Slovak Baba taught me to make them like she learned in Austria-Hungary. What kind of filling do you prefer?
I like both a saurkraut and potato and cheese and potato, use to make them for my kids but just hubby and me right now retired and no kids living near us, why not ship me some..LOL
Old 09-15-2011, 07:45 AM

My SP Package is "Out for Delivery, September 15, 2011, 8:44 am, HARRISON, OH 45030"

Hope she likes it!!! :)