Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you Asst. Manager James >

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Old 09-15-2011, 01:20 PM

The only Wal Mart in my area that has fabrics is having the same problem. You have to run around looking for somebody to cut fabric. They even took away the bell to ring for attention. Very frustrating.
Good for you for realizing you should let the higher ups at the store know about this very helpful person.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:26 PM

The walmart in Klamath Falls Oregon never has anyone in the fabric dept in the evenings. Usually by 7 pm they are gone...this store is open all night long...so some crazy quilter might wake up at midnight and want fabric *L* don't they realize that can happen?? I am glad you got a good manager to take care of your problem. crafty_linda_b
Old 09-15-2011, 03:12 PM

When I was grocery shopping in Wal Mart the other day. I saw a manager and asked him if the fabric dept. was returning. He told me yes, but he did not know when. We will see.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:09 PM

I heard they closed the fabric departments because they didn't sell enough fabric to make it worthwhile. Well, Helloooooo....you have to keep someone there to cut fabric if you expect to sell it. I can't tell you how many times I have waited 10-15 minutes and rang that dang bell and no one answers the call. My best friend one time cut her own fabric and when she got to the register and they saw no ticket for it...and she said SHE cut it because no one was back there...that is when the manager shows up. Just gripes me how they run some of the stores.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:26 PM

our walmart is the same way... i wish they would realize it 'is' worth it to have someone run the dept all day, instead of upsetting the customers with no one to cut the fabric.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:32 PM

Pretty fabric and someone needs to let them know what is going
on so hopefully they will fix the problem.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:59 PM

Good for you!

Originally Posted by sandwich child
That happened to me one time in Hobby Lobby. After repeated ringing of the bell to attract a "cutter" I finally measured and cut the fabric myself, filled out the charge slip, took it to the cashier and paid for it!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:07 PM

I too ran into this problem in Nashville. The lady in charge of cutting was trying to load all the craft dept do-dads on its wall. You cold tell she was really frazzled trying to keep two departments going. She was very polite and helpful inspite of it all.

I wrote to my local WalMart today and asked it to read this thread. It took about two minutes to fill out the form.

You can go to http://walmartstores.com/7663.aspx and enter your zip. The message will go to the nearest WalMart. If you want to contact corporate you have to call or mail you message.

Originally Posted by Cagey
Talk about a coincidence - I stopped in our Wal-Mart fabric department today during my lunch and no one was around to cut fabric. A young man from electronics came over and cut the fabric for 2 of us that were waiting. Later I saw the gal that is the manager of that department and she told me that she is in charge of 3 other departments plus fabrics/crafts and they are not in the same area. I feel sorry for the employees that are spread so thin they can't take care of their customers. I'm sure they don't like it either.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:08 PM

It ended up you did good but I know your frustaration I don't understand why they can't have someone in the fabric
dept. I walked by our fabric dept atn WM today and some
guy there was cutting fabric. What a shame that store really frustrates me I am not at loss sending e-mails to let them know how I feel.
:thumbdown:
Old 09-15-2011, 06:50 PM

I have a app on my iphone that resembles the ringer bell...so every time I need assistance i turn my phone sound up and hit my bell, i works every time. sometimes there was NO BELL to start with, but they came running, I never let on it was a phone app., but it did the trick and when i left the area, they were still looking for the bell. lol