Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-15-2011, 06:47 PM

I'm not able to keep up with this thread this time around. Too many working hours and chatty peeps! :lol: Anyway, my package will be going out tommorrow to O-HI-O.

I'm on the bench, no package for me as yet. :)
Old 09-15-2011, 06:48 PM

I'm going to miss you guys on the bench but I received an awesome package from sewnmom today. I got 3 different pieces of white on white fabric (I'm working on a sampler that I am using all different white on white fabrics for background). I also got 3 other nice pieces of fabric, a handy little plastic drawstring bag, chopsticks, a pretty little notepad, 3 patterns, an adorable finger pincushion, a little tablerunner that is even handquilted, a mug rug, a chocolate scented candle that already has my sewing room smelling wonderful. She even remembered my furbaby with a Halloween toy. And...my very own chicken. She didn't come with a name. She is white with black polka dots. Any suggestions? I will send a picture this weekend when one of my computer savy children are home.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:07 PM

Checked delivery conf. They expect my pkg to be delivered tomorrow to my sp, but I doubt it . It just left ME today. It still has a long way to go. Off early in the am for retreat. My DD will be working on a disappearing nine patch. There is going to be a landscape class but we are not going to take it, we will just observe. I'll check in again late Sun. Have fun everyone!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Looks like MANY real cool SP are arriving! What a GREAT pick me up for all that have had a hot summer weather, family issues, unable to travel, limited finances etc. May I say quilting friends: do not ever feel you haven't sent enough to your SP. The one RULE to follow, is to HAVE FUN! RIGHT? The most precious gift is the "thought" of that SP as your gathering the Goodies. Doesn't matter how much, its the fun.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by thomp116
Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Just an observation... certainly not to criticize... but I didn't do this swap for awhile because it is hard to not feel guilty when I stick to the $10.00 rule, find a couple of things from my stash, and then mail off a package to my SP when I see so many others spend much more on their goodies and put much more in their packages than I can afford to do. I feel like I should apologize to my SP for not having enough goodies for her, even though I spent a little more than $10.00 and I added extra from my stash.

I don't want to not be part of this swap, but I really stress about my SP feeling that she has gotten the "short end of the stick" after seeing some of the amazing packages that have arrived for others.
I totally understand what you are saying. I always worry that I have not sent enough. As for me, I love whatever I receive. In fact, my favorite things to receive are scraps and used books, patterns, etc. And especially something handmade! Hints for future months folks!
I think everyone who participates in the swap is delighted with whatever their package includes. I know when I work from my "stash" that includes things other than fabric because I am a little obsessive/compulsive about buying multiples of things because they are on sale, knowing I'll never use them but figure someone can.

Some folks are more creative than others, some better shoppers. I know I sometimes feel bad because I haven't sewn anything to send to my SP, because honestly I'm not that good. I've made some magnets and other things, and sometimes haven't sent anything home made at all...so I may try to compensate a little.

Please stay and play with us -- I'm sure your SP's are happy with their packages whatever you put in them. Being part of the group is a good bit of the fun.

Deby
Old 09-15-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
For a first attempt at digitizing, I am pretty happy with how my first design came out. There are definitely some things I will need to improve.

I sure hope my SP will like this little wall quilt as much as she LOVES candy corns!

The package is in the mail today... hopefully soon to zoom her way!
This is absolutely adorable.

Deby
Old 09-15-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
Sorry everybody, can't be on the bench this month with you. Just got my mail and received a great pkg from Bluequilter, a Christmas panel, beautiful Christmas ornament, fall socks, seam ripper, and some great fat quarters! Thank you again Lois for everything!
Love the ornament!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers.I'll be back to myself soon I'm sure. I can feel the oneryness sneaking up on me.(Thanks due alot to this board ).What a bunch of wonderful people here. I hope everyone joins again next month.If you can not send alot it doesn't matter.That's not the idea of the swap. It's to have fun and maybe get a nice surprise in the mail.Like Lori said it's all in how you shop and with a little luck after a couple of months you end up with a little stash bag to draw out some goodies for the swap.Mary
Old 09-15-2011, 08:40 PM

From Oregon to Florida in 2 days I think my SP may get a delivery tomorrow! I'm so surprised how fast the packaged traveled. I'll be waiting anxiously to see if indeed it did get delivered!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:50 PM

I got a great pkg from quiltdraggon today from the aug swap
a great piecing book with great patterns, 3 fat quarters of purple fabric,color catcher, a wonderful box/dish that she made and a clipper on a braided purple ribbon I love it all!!! Thanks so very much!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-257251.jpe
Views:	31
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	257257