Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-17-2011, 06:53 PM

Hi SP...no more updates from USPS...seems it takes a long time to sort a box. According to them, your package will arrive on the 20th.

Maybe it is taking a slow boat down the Mississippi on it's way south...but if it follows that route it will have to go a bit west.

On more clue, something in my SP's address has to do with a Revolutionary General and a President.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:12 PM

I got my package today. I love the orange fabrics and the navy with dragonflies and butterflies (might be used in the next boom swap I do.) Also some great Maxine panels, my friend is going to love the little wall hanging I make out of these. I also got a quilting mag and book, which I can't wait to look into. Also a charm pack and some gummy bears. Last but not least some treats for my spoiled jack russell, Nina. Might I add she was sniffing up the package before I could set it down, she knew there was something in there for her as always. Thanks again Soniboo. I loved it.

From SoniBoo
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258518[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-258465.jpe
Views:	11
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	258518  
Old 09-17-2011, 07:15 PM

My new avatar is one of the quilts that I won a blue ribbon on here at our local fair and it goes to our quilt guild show this weekend--thanks
Old 09-17-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Debka
I have a thing about totes too. I have too many of them, and I love the supermarket ones. And, yes, I have made it a habit to use them (nearly) all the time at the supermarket. I do dislike the waste of plastic, especially when the baggers only put a few items in each bag. And the recyclable bags do hold more AND can fit over my shoulder so I can carry many at a time.

For a group project I once worked on, I purchased 100 plain white tote bags which we decorated (with markers). I still have many plain bags left and have been giving one in my swap packages! I decorate with fabric and try to choose colors my sp will appreciate.
Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
Well if I tell you, what if everyone does it??? Then it'd be no good.

Okay, well really, here it is: I am a tote addict. Not just the nicer ones like from L.L. Bean, or the Professional Tote. I've got those and use them, but I also really like the ones that you get in stores for $1. Joanns and TJ Maxx have some really cute ones.

Just used one today at the local Mennonite vegetable stand. I take projects to our guild sew-in day, or to show and tell, etc. Love them. I think they'd be good in a SP package!

See, I just needed to see what peeps were getting to get the ideas going...
Cool, I can't wait until you get me as a swap partner.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:36 PM

Am doing better with my pain medicines was to take 1 every 4 hrs as needed for pain and went 7 hours this afternoon before I took it and the other one, muscle relaxer was to take 1 every 6 hours and I went 7 hours. So I am doing better.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Ok which one of you took my purple thang? It was in front my DSM where I always keep it and now it is gone. I don't know what happen to it. Now to figure out what I can use in place of it.
A chop stick... cut the end of an old toothbrush off, a toothpick, or just a tapestry needle, they have blunt ends, I mostly use the pin that I've just removed. Lots of things you can use.
I grab one of my hair chop sticks and am using it for now. I can't believe I lost my purple thang. I've had it for almost 6 years and never lost it. I always keep it by my machine and never use it anywhere else. Those darn gremlins are at it again.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by bolin0909
I got my package today. I love the orange fabrics and the navy with dragonflies and butterflies (might be used in the next boom swap I do.) Also some great Maxine panels, my friend is going to love the little wall hanging I make out of these. I also got a quilting mag and book, which I can't wait to look into. Also a charm pack and some gummy bears. Last but not least some treats for my spoiled jack russell, Nina. Might I add she was sniffing up the package before I could set it down, she knew there was something in there for her as always. Thanks again Soniboo. I loved it.
I agree the orange fabrics are lovely.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Ok which one of you took my purple thang? It was in front my DSM where I always keep it and now it is gone. I don't know what happen to it. Now to figure out what I can use in place of it.
A chop stick... cut the end of an old toothbrush off, a toothpick, or just a tapestry needle, they have blunt ends, I mostly use the pin that I've just removed. Lots of things you can use.
I grab one of my hair chop sticks and am using it for now. I can't believe I lost my purple thang. I've had it for almost 6 years and never lost it. I always keep it by my machine and never use it anywhere else. Those darn gremlins are at it again.
You will find it as soon as you go buy another one.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:07 PM

Oh yes, I love the orange fabrics, too. Nice orange is so hard to find even at Halloween time.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Am doing better with my pain medicines was to take 1 every 4 hrs as needed for pain and went 7 hours this afternoon before I took it and the other one, muscle relaxer was to take 1 every 6 hours and I went 7 hours. So I am doing better.
So glad to hear it!

Deby