Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dirty Little Secrets........... >

Dirty Little Secrets...........

Dirty Little Secrets...........

Old 09-18-2011, 05:17 AM

Love this idea... better than scrappy notes everywhere
Originally Posted by Hattie Frances
You're not the only one with a notebook full of "Quilter's Dirty Little Secrets", Mine is organized by a Table of Content. I love these quilters and their great ideas. I think I will rename my file - The Quilters Dirty Little Secrets.
:thumbup:
Old 09-18-2011, 05:23 AM

Quite a few of us are self-taught with the help of the TV shows and books. I rarely take a class unless it's a technique not covered by one of those two. I lived outside of town where the nearest thing to a quilt store was some 30-35 miles or more away. A Quilt Guild if there is one near you, is very helpful. This board is a wealth of information and answers, kind of a 24/7 Quilt Guild.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:32 AM

thanks for the tip... and I have put that idea in my TDL..
Old 09-18-2011, 02:34 PM

You might call it creative techniques. My china painting teacher called them happy accidents.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by vickig626
Originally Posted by jeanneb52
Shhhhhh don't tell. It 's just between the 5000 of us!
Now, I'm curious to just how many of us are on this board. Moderator, can you share? I've heard there are approx. 30 million quilters in the world.

I love this board too !!!
According to the main page, there are presently 34,659 users here! Wow!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by laurlync
Originally Posted by vickig626
Originally Posted by jeanneb52
Shhhhhh don't tell. It 's just between the 5000 of us!
Now, I'm curious to just how many of us are on this board. Moderator, can you share? I've heard there are approx. 30 million quilters in the world.

I love this board too !!!
According to the main page, there are presently 34,659 users here! Wow!
Wow is right!!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:55 PM

Holy Cow. I had no idea that there was that many
Old 09-18-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Janice Thompson
Holy Cow. I had no idea that there was that many
Me too. I thought that we had about 3,000!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:46 PM

Patti - Click on the "search" category at the top of this page and type "Quilting, Hints and Tips" - you'll get enough dirty little secrets to fill up your notebook LOL
Old 10-02-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Patti Mahoney
I came here to the QB thinking I was going to gain a wealth of knowledge about quilting and everything that goes along with it....Wow! Am I surprised...I've have read, alot, but I'm sure, not all, of the dirty little secrets that quilters have in order to finish a quilt and have it look fantastic. When I started quilting, which was just recently, I looked at the quilts on just about every website I could find and saw how beautiful the quilts were that other people made, I said to myseld, "Self, this is something I think you can do." Sooo, off to the fabric store I went. I signed up for a class, I bought fabric (the good stuff), I bought supplies (the name brand, good ones), I practice daily, for hours at a time. And NOW, well, heck, I'm learning that I really didn't need to go to all that expense. There are secrets out there for just about every little cotton pickin' problem a quilter can have. Holy Moly, where are the quilt police when you need them???? Now, I'm not complaining because secretly, between you and me, I've written down every one of those little dirty secrets I can find...just in case, one day, I might need to use a secret or two. Ladies and Gents, right about now, I'm ROLF. You people are a hoot. I love the QB! You ladies and gents out there, you keep up the good work because my notebook is always open. If you have any more of those dirty little secrets, like hiding an imperfection, or painting your over lapping stitches with fabric markers or changing a stitch pattern to cover up a stitch line gone wrong, you just keep them coming. If you want to add some of them right here after this post, please, feel free to do so. I love it here and I love quilting! ! !
I will let you in on another little secret, when ever I get blue and need someone to talk to, "but" not really talk, just come in here and look at all the beautiful work that goes on around the world basically, and read some of the quips and quotes it brings a smile to my sad face, so thank you to all that turns my frown from upside down to a BIG HUGE GRIN, thank you all again. Love and Laughter Lynn