Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-19-2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
As an addition to the prayer quilt thoughts, you don't always have to use religious fabrics or patterns. Here is one that I made in a day for a man at the dog park we go to: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-143186-1.htm
How thoughtful of you. The quilt is beautiful and I know it meant a lot to that gentleman.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:54 AM

Don't forget to pm when you receive your package so I can mark it down that your sp sent it!!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:56 AM

I will be sending out pms today to swappers to see when packages have been mailed so please answer as soon as you get it this way we can get a start on tying up Sept.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:09 AM

Wonderful - how nice to meet other people from this board! Thanks for letting me know. And I just got a pm from Sheila letting me know the package had arrived - great!

Originally Posted by thomp116
I saw it in my dining room!!! Sheila received it, but was not at home much the past few days. We were on our way to a fabric yard sale, so she brought her package to show me. She will post shortly.

Originally Posted by Debka
Thomp - where did you see it? (Do you know what page on this thread?) I've looked because I wanted to be sure it came, but I just can't find it here. I'll keep scrolling...

Originally Posted by thomp116
I saw the one you sent to Sheila- in Erie. Great idea and love the fabric!

I have a thing about totes too. I have too many of them, and I love the supermarket ones. And, yes, I have made it a habit to use them (nearly) all the time at the supermarket. I do dislike the waste of plastic, especially when the baggers only put a few items in each bag. And the recyclable bags do hold more AND can fit over my shoulder so I can carry many at a time.

For a group project I once worked on, I purchased 100 plain white tote bags which we decorated (with markers). I still have many plain bags left and have been giving one in my swap packages! I decorate with fabric and try to choose colors my sp will appreciate.
Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
Well if I tell you, what if everyone does it??? Then it'd be no good.

Okay, well really, here it is: I am a tote addict. Not just the nicer ones like from L.L. Bean, or the Professional Tote. I've got those and use them, but I also really like the ones that you get in stores for $1. Joanns and TJ Maxx have some really cute ones.

Just used one today at the local Mennonite vegetable stand. I take projects to our guild sew-in day, or to show and tell, etc. Love them. I think they'd be good in a SP package!

See, I just needed to see what peeps were getting to get the ideas going...
Old 09-19-2011, 07:11 AM

You are so welcome - I'm glad you liked it all! Been having a ball with these swaps. How nice that you can get together with other ladies from here!

Originally Posted by Sheila-in Erie
Debka- she saw it in person at our "weekend sew". I had to take it to show it off! Thank You so much for the goodies. I love the fabrics and Kris is already in line to read the book. I really like the thread also. The reason you can't find the pkg on the thread is because Kris hasn't taught me how to do it yet- sorry no pictures this month. The tote bag is great- I used it today and of course got compliments from cashier.
Thank you again for everything. Lots of fabric- Christmas one, couple of fat quarters, some other yardage-Santa and the blues were great!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:42 AM

I have a good feeling today...... :mrgreen:
Old 09-19-2011, 07:56 AM

I don't think we "count" as getting together from this board...we've been hanging out together since 1976! We also have another friend on here that we've known forever!

You are so welcome - I'm glad you liked it all! Been having a ball with these swaps. How nice that you can get together with other ladies from here!

Originally Posted by Sheila-in Erie
Debka- she saw it in person at our "weekend sew". I had to take it to show it off! Thank You so much for the goodies. I love the fabrics and Kris is already in line to read the book. I really like the thread also. The reason you can't find the pkg on the thread is because Kris hasn't taught me how to do it yet- sorry no pictures this month. The tote bag is great- I used it today and of course got compliments from cashier.
Thank you again for everything. Lots of fabric- Christmas one, couple of fat quarters, some other yardage-Santa and the blues were great!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by mscupid804
I have a good feeling today...... :mrgreen:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-19-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
I was writing letters to my soldiers until I got sidetracked by 3NorwichTerr's Apple Walnut Cake Ring. I am going to make this tomorrow! Wish I could send it to him! Actually I would love to send it to all three of them. I'm sure it would be mouldy before it got to them in Afghanistan.
Hey Faye-

Send me one TOO!!!!!!

Hugzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 09-19-2011, 09:03 AM

:thumbup:

Priority MailŪ

Out for Delivery

September 19, 2011, 10:01 am

STOW, OH 44224

:mrgreen: