An unwelcome Visitor

Old 09-19-2011, 08:16 AM

Similar story: had a young black woman ring our door bell wanting to sell magazine subscriptions. Her story was: I have a baby son to take care of. She looked about 18. I had to bite my lips hard not to say: Well why did you get pregnant anyway? In this day and age, haven't you heard of free, accessible birth control? Why didn't the guy wear a condom?" But I was nice to her. She left and later I saw a car pick her up a few houses up the street.

Fran in Parker
Old 09-19-2011, 08:46 AM

Aren't you glad you have good dogs?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by fmd36
Aren't you glad you have good dogs?
Shelties are known barkers, great alarm dogs to announce anything around outside.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:53 AM

Item on the news about 2 teenage girls going on a burgulary spree and breaking into houses. The one house they didn't break into was because they thought there was a LION inside...what a hoot! Love those shelties ..and VA too!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:03 AM

I refuse to answer the door. I check to see who is outside, if I do not recognize the person, I do not answer the door, especially since I am at home alone a lot! I will let DH answer the door when he is home to deal with them.
Since I am not a trusting soul and know how many breakins there have been, I keep an eye on the person and make sure they actually leave my yard and I watch where they are going. We get a lot of people selling everything from cookies to home improvement, to water quality, not to mention the politicians and religious canvasers.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:08 AM

Calling the police was the right thing. They could have been casing the neighborhood looking for a good place to rob.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:03 AM

I don't answer my door.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:18 PM

when I first saw this, I giggled as I though about the UNWELCOME visitors we had on the back deck a week ago...a MAMA BEAR and her TWO CUBS..yep, walked all over my big back deck, tasted the water lilly (one of the babies) and just waddled around, then left and off into the woods, babies following right behind mama black bear!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Originally Posted by craftybear
glad you called the police as you never know what they are up to, so scary
I know it was unnerving. I got a good look at him to describe for the police so that was good, shame I could not get the license plate of the vehicle as it was too far away.
My little dogs are great watch dogs, however, I would love to get another BIG dog as backup, one that is quiet as they can be the best oops who wants to go up against those teeth!
that's exactly why I got my Trina! We had a schnoodle already but lots of houses around us were getting broken into so I went to the pound. I believe she is a Lab/Pitt bull mix but no one knows for sure. Shes' a darn good watch dog though. Shes not even 2 yet and when the Direct TV guy was here she was fine with him but she went NUTS when he went into my bedroom to install the unit in there. I guess no one is allowed in my "den" LOL
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 AM

I know I'm late getting in on this but have been real busy. I had a guy come to my house here in Texas with same story. He was from West Texas & I live in East Texas. Gave me a story about if I didn't want them I could have them sent to the Veterans"s Hospital. Also trying to get a trip to Bahamas or Cancun. I sent him packing.