Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 >

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

Old 09-17-2011, 01:09 PM

Fat Quarters here in the US measure 18 X 22 inches. I don't know what the measurement is in meters. The other questions should probably be answered by Carsey.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by beebs
Originally Posted by Carsey
I am being asked about postage from other countries. I admit I have no idea what it will cost or how much trouble it will be.

So…… I guess the best way would be to send me the postage to my PayPal account. When you go to the postal service to send your package, ask them how much it will cost to have the same package returned to you from Florida, USA. Once they give you that amount, you can post it to my PayPal account. Everyone can get a PayPal account. It is pretty easy. Just log into PayPal. Sign up for new account. Personal and create. For anyone who has a problem with PayPal, you can pm me and we will work it out.

Since it will not be returned to you until January, if the totals are different when the time comes to mail them back to you, I can refund any amount that was not used and you can send in the difference if it happens to be more than when you sent them.

PLEASE, if there are any questions pm me!!!! I will try to post a pm to everyone in other countries later on in case they don't see this post.

Blessings!
Carole

I don't think they can do that - our postal system would have no idea how much it would cost from the US to send back.

However - I get yards and yards sent over from the US to australia and its only like $10. So I can't imagine it being that expensive.
The other thing we could do is just use the function on ebay. You know when you sell something it can estimate postage to whereever based on the actual size of the package you are sending.

So Carole if you say just get the same sized envelope for everyone and estimate in ebay it should be easy enough and take no time at all. I can't see it being very much.

What do you think? Let me know if its a stupid idea!
If you go to www.usps.com you can figure postage from US to anywhere in the world...all you need is the weight of the package and the measurements. It will give you all options available.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:30 PM

I believe
Old 09-21-2011, 10:31 AM

I have been looking at William Morris fabric, but am going to a a stitching and knitteing shoe in November, so no doubt I will come away with more fabric to send
Old 09-21-2011, 11:27 AM

Ohhh William Morris! My favourite! and so many lovely small scale prints that would suit quilt making too ....

Helen
Old 09-21-2011, 01:02 PM
mim

I will have mine in the mail tomorrow. I will be putting the individual baggies in a large one with my name and the count so it will be easier to match things up later. Having been in 2 swaps a summer for 10 years (betting on baseball teams) I know what a monumental job it is to finish a swap. and get everything sent out.
Mim
Old 09-21-2011, 01:07 PM

Still working on mine. I think I'll have them in the mail by the end of the week. Just a little more to do before I send them out.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:13 PM

We still have lots of time right? I lost this border, my computer was down again??? I'm trying to get as many as I can.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
We still have lots of time right? I lost this border, my computer was down again??? I'm trying to get as many as I can.
Until Jan...and I'm shopping and hunting like crazy....I'm taking my time and finding just the right fabrics that represent the areas I'm from....So far got some great fabric that represent NYC and New England. Probably won't mail mind for another mth.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:31 PM

I found some really cute fabric to represent Canada but now I am debating on something that represents maybe closer to home too!!!