Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, now I know I am going crazy. >

OK, now I know I am going crazy.

OK, now I know I am going crazy.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:48 AM

I don't know about you --- but I have those nasty gnomes in my house --- moving things around, hiding things. I spent 3 months looking for that package of speciality tapes (the kind you put on rulers so you know which line to cut on)....nope, couldn't find them to save my life!!! Then one night, the gnomes must've been in trouble and thought they'd make up for hiding them and they stashed them right back in the front of the top drawer of my sewing table!!!! you know -- right where I couldn't miss them when I opened the drawer?!?!?! :mrgreen:
Old 09-20-2011, 07:03 AM

Don't ask me I been looking for an old clutch purse I had my Granny's picture negatives in for 3 years, ;-)
Old 09-20-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Originally Posted by ptquilts
Originally Posted by renee765
I had the strongest feeling that it's under your couch. Now, I am no psychic nor have I ever been right about things like this before, just had to tell you what I sensed.
OK, I am just desperate enough to look.

One thing about losing something, you get to see how much dust there is in all the nooks and crannies in your house.
Was it under the couch? Now you have me curious as to where you found it! :lol:
nope, not there, although I did find a telephone and a nice 18" wooden ruler!!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:02 AM

I usually have to accuse someone of taking it, that almost garuntees that I will find it and have to humbly appologise.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:18 AM

I'm always losing things. The lastest is my leather cover for my small scissors. It has to be somewhere in the sewing room but I haven't found it yet.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:29 AM

Check the car. Check the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
Old 09-21-2011, 04:34 AM

Are you sure you really bought the hoop ? I've picked things up in a store, carried them around and somehow they never got to check out....since reading the post I've realized that I can't find the manual for one of my sewing machines.....can't imagine where it could be......was using machine on my sewing table (which also accommodates another machine)......several times a day I go in search for manual....maybe it is with the missing hoop ?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:06 AM

I have a GFI outlet in my bathroom, which is connected to the outlet in the dressing room. I had been instructed to push the button if I ever had a problem. Of course, I had completely forgotten all about this. Soo... one day my iron (in the dressing room) wouldn't heat up and my night light Iin the bathroom) wouldn't light up.

I figured the night light needed a bulb, and figured the iron was bad. I threw out the iron into the dumpster, and bought another one, which wouldn't heat up either. Took the new iron back to Target and spent a half hour waiting for them to find a replacement. Turns out they have no more of that model. Finally, I asked them to test it and it worked fine.

The light dawned ! I came home and pushed the button o n the outlet. So now I am out one perfectly good iron and the money for the new one. The night light works fine now.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:18 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

hahahahah I know the feeling ..DH put up peg board in my sewing room so now my hoops are nice and safe !!Shelving for the material, so its nice and safe. Hmmm what else is pegged ? lots of scissors hmmm... LOL
I realy dislike it when I forget where I put something or Brie (the dog) moves it for me !LOL and then gives me the innocent look !LOL
Old 09-21-2011, 06:33 AM

Hey I hide things from myself all the time. I have even complained to the company that cleans my house and than had to call back to apologize. You are alright just good at hiding things. Ha, ha, ha