Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing machine with built in dual feed >

sewing machine with built in dual feed

sewing machine with built in dual feed

Old 09-21-2011, 08:28 AM

Bernina 820 and 830 has this feature!!
Originally Posted by gammieju
I want to purchase a sewing machine that has dual feed or built in walking foot or whatever it is that keeps you from having to put the walking foot on the machine so that both top and bottom fabric feed at the same time. I know that pfaff has a machine but are there other brands that have this feature. I have been reading about the janome with acufeed and superior plus feed system. Do any of you have a machine with these features and which do you think is best for sewing long strips together? Thanks for any info. Judy
Old 09-21-2011, 09:01 AM

Always use my Pfaff for piecing. Best dual feed.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:05 AM
QM
Power Poster

I have the Janome 6600 and love it. I have also noticed that on regular sewing there is much less of a problem of top vs bottom fabric feeding.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:07 AM

Bought first Pfaff 5 years ago and loved it, SIL needed a machine so sold her mine and bought another, still have it and love it. Bought new Pfaff Expression 4.0 last year and hated it so upgraded to the Creative 4.0 and returned it three weeks later. As much as I love the older Pfaffs I would not buy a new one made in China. Bought the Janone 6600 and really like it even though it did take some adjusting to. Still take my older Pfaff to retreats. I say if you can get an older Pfaff that would be great but if you want a machine with a large throat for a decent price get a Janome. Personally, I can't afford a Bernina.
Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth
i am fortunate to have 3 Pfaff machines and love the walking foot. The NEW Pfaff's however, are being made in China.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 AM

I have a Pfaff and it has this built in. Works great. I also have the walking foot for my Bernina, it works great too. Which ever way you go, you will love the way it helps sew.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:31 AM

I have the Janome Horizon 7700 i purchased for 2500 with table and extenison table and i love it. The accufeed is great and i have just ordered the accufeed 1/4 inch foot and just a regular 1/4 came with it plus all the other feet . I am more than happy with it . Best dollar i ever spent. Here is a photo of it and you can see the comments other posted on the machine. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-138609-1.htm
Old 09-21-2011, 10:34 AM

I have a Pfaff 7570 that I dearly love. I recently upgraded (kept my Pfaff) to the Babylock Serenade which is so very similar to my Pfaff. Only reason I upgraded is for the extra bells and whistles my Pfaff didn't have, longer harp, auto thread cutter, knee lift. I love it. I think it is every bit as good as my Pfaff.

I will add, I tried the new Pfaff Smarter before buying my Babylock and it was alot less machine for the same money. I will not buy the Pfaff's made in the past 10 years as I just don't think they are the same quality as the original ones made in Germany. Just my opinion.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:26 PM

I thought I read just the other day that the new 7700 Janome had built in even feed foot. Makes it worth looking into.

Thank You

Suzy
Old 09-21-2011, 04:02 PM

I also prefer the Pfaff with IDT built in walking foot. I love it for piecing and quilting small projects!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:10 PM

Love my Janome 6600. You do have to change the foot, but not a big deal!!