Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ugly Fabric Only Please >

Ugly Fabric Only Please

Ugly Fabric Only Please

Old 09-21-2011, 12:42 PM

Connecting threads has a super clearance sale on right now and I even went so far as to pick out several batiks (5.56 per yd) even got to check out and then suddenly realized I probably will never in this lifetime use all the material I have in my stash. So with tears falling and pain in my heart I emptied the cart and got off the website...SIGH...
Old 09-21-2011, 12:53 PM

i am one of those that buys fabric as i need it for a project so dh can't complain. i made sure to show the stashes some of you had and after helping move his SIL's stash my few tubs of strips and scraps he doesn't mind. the part that would freak me out about any deal in exchange for him cooking is his cooking. he had to once after my operation he thought he got smart and got canned stuff at big lots and tried to have me eat that stuff till i opened every one and had him eat all of it for dinner.he didn't like it neighter but didn't dare not eat it, i talked him through making tuna sandwiches but he only will cook microwave yuckys or spam. none of which i eat or can eat being a diabetic. his cooking would kill me. he already has to do laundry with me cause we go to the laundry mat now and he turned his own pair of panties pink once so i was innocent though i threaten to sew pink lace on them if he couldn't get them inside the laundry hamper. so far haven't had to.lol guess he didn't want pimk lace panties or socks.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:53 PM

I have really limited my fabric buying since last year, however, I now have wayyyyyyyy too many jacket and purse patterns that I bought instead of fabric!!! Substituted one vice for another, hehehehe
Old 09-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mom dusty
Originally Posted by alikat110
I slipped on my diet with the recent going out of business online fabric store....160 fq's for $50......too good of a deal....but, where am I going to put it when it gets here...and, how do I break the news to my hubby?
According to my math that figures out to be less than $.30 a piece! What a bargain. You are set for life! lol
It is a great deal...but they get to pick the fq's...if i'm lucky, they will send some stuff cute enough for my daughter....she wants some fabric for christmas.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:41 PM

I slipped on my diet with the recent going out of business online fabric store....160 fq's for $50......too good of a deal....but, where am I going to put it when it gets here...and, how do I break the news to my hubby?
I have the perfect solution for you. When the package arrives tell them that they mistakenly sent it to you when it was supposed to go to your dear sister, ME. He can resend it to me and your husband will never know you have it. :thumbup: I couldn't resist and I hope you forgive me for being in a silly mood tonight. No harm done I hope. :roll: :roll: :roll: desertrose
Old 09-21-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by lynn_z
I, too had vowed not to buy anything unless I needed it to finish a project already waiting. But, a couple of garage sales later, I ended up w/half a van for only about $20. Lady was anxious to get rid of it because she has still a lot more. All usable & good quality. Have already got 2 charity quilts almost done with it to ease my conscience.
OMG, laughed out loud on this one! thanks 4 making my day!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 PM

I'm making mug rugs to sell at a craft show and farmers market next month --- I've sworn (to myself) that I'm not going to buy any fabric for this, as my stash is full of lovely, useful scraps. So far so good...I'm hoping to have 75 mugs-n-rugs ready by November 1. I've already got the mugs, just need the rugs!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:26 PM

You WON them? :thumbup: ;)
Old 09-21-2011, 07:27 PM

You WON them?
:thumbup: ;)

Old 09-21-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by gigi10
Are yall out of your ever-loving minds? NOT buy fabric for a year........You know when he has to do all that stuff....it isn't going to be the way you want it and you are going to be doing it and you will have gone for a whole year without buying fabric......The QUILT POLICE would be called by my DH to come and get me for sure......I would be that woman who barracaded herself in her sewing room....perched on my swivel chair stuffing fabric in my bra and anything else I could find.....No I think it is best if I don't do this....I can just see for me this is not a good idea.......I have slowed down. I can do that and I can even get slower...But I would not make it much past my next retirement check. I am putting any one who agrees to this on my emergency prayer list. This is serious.
Thanks for that post! Got a great laugh out of it.