Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone ordered from Sauder's Fabrics?? >

Has anyone ordered from Sauder's Fabrics??

Has anyone ordered from Sauder's Fabrics??

Old 09-21-2011, 09:55 AM

yes, i also ordered something in August. I emailed them about the order last week and got an apologetic response that said they hired extra help to get all the orders filled, and that my order would ship by Monday or Tuesday.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:14 AM

They have just about caught up from the big sale and are gradually adding inventory back to their site.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:26 AM

I receive their newsletter. Last week they stated that they are really behind on filling orders and working as fast as possible.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:41 AM

I used to purchase a lot of fabric from them via their website. I just checked it out, it isn't what it used to be. You can only order what the specials are. They used to offer all their inventory on line. I have been to their stores and they have tons of fabric.
The original owners were Amish. Now it is owned by someone else and they have changed everything.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:58 PM

I've only bought from the brick and mortar store - not online. I think most of the ladies that work there now are Menonite. And they are not open on Sunday's and I don't think evenings so that probably puts a crimp in their style as well.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 PM

Note to self......avoid Sauder Fabrics.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by ccrow99
Note to self......avoid Sauder Fabrics.
I've been following Herb's blog with the updates. I truly feel like he is trying to make this website a more pleasant shopping experience from people that order from them. There were previous issues when they had the store fabrics on the online site. The yardage counts weren't correct and so when someone ordered thru the website, there were problems with having the correct inventory on hand. This last sale was freaking huge! 50% off the entire website! I can only imagine the huge number of people that ordered during that sale. And the time it takes to pull the fabrics, cut them and package them for each and every order. I don't think it is fair to judge them during this time of transition. I haven't heard any complaints prior to this huge sale. I think they should be commended for trying to fix a frustrating problem and taking such a loss to empty things out so they can start fresh. I will be giving them another shot. Unless you ordered fabrics that you needed within a few days, then I don't think the the extended wait was so terrible. There were warnings put up on the website that shipping times would be extended during this huge sale due to the large volume of orders. If fabrics were needed quickly, then an email to them would probably gotten your order on its way to you quicker.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:56 PM

I think I read on their own website some time ago that Z&S was no longer affiliated with the parent stores of Zooks and Sauders.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:02 AM

I had ordered from them before no problem, however they did state in a email that they are behind in shipping.
Give thema a phone call.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter
I've only bought from the brick and mortar store - not online. I think most of the ladies that work there now are Menonite. And they are not open on Sunday's and I don't think evenings so that probably puts a crimp in their style as well.
Two stores (Zooks and Sauders, hence ZandSFabrics) are very wonderful places to not only visit, but their lines of fabric are top notch. They very recently posted on their web site that the response to their site was overwhelming. It caused a huge backlog of orders, so much so that they are now going through a major revision of how they operate their site and how they post items available on it. I know the people who own Sauders and they are absolutely wonderful people. Theirs was a two-fold issue: 1) the addition of a web site brought in an amazing amount of business and 2) the new business flooded them. I would suggest anyone who is thinking of ordering from them take a moment and read their message on their web site on what they are doing to better accommodate their customers. I wish many more businesses would operate like they do. It is why my wife and I drive almost 2 hours to shop in their stores.

Terry - in Northern Delaware (my wife's favorite quilting enabler)