Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you changed since using Quilting Board? >

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

Old 09-22-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I forgot to mention the wonderful spirit of the board: people I feel I know and definitely love- kindness, humor, caring- this board has it all :D
amen to that. :thumbup:
Old 09-22-2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Wow, how in the world did you lurk for 3 years! :shock: I lurked for 5 minutes before joining! :lol: I'm glad you joined anyway, I love posting with you. :thumbup:

What I have learned from the QB is that quilters all over the world are just as friendly and helpful as they are locally. I cannot imagine not being a part of the QB now.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:22 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

some of the amazing tips and one never stops learning every day or they become stagnant.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:23 AM

Same here!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:27 AM

I used to have a life...

I used to go to work and bring home the groceries. Now I spend all my money on fabric.

I used to have beautiful, well-behaved children. I haven't seen them lately, I think they grew up and moved away but I'm not really sure.

I used to dust and do laundry, and kept a lovely home. Now I only dust where I need to stack more fabric. Saves SO much time!

I used to make great meals for my family. Now Meals-On-Wheels saves me so much time better spent on this Board!

Now, now I sit staring at this screen all day, feeling inspired by all the beautiful projects the Board members are creating. I imagine all the quilts I'm going to make... if I still had a job to earn the money to buy fabric, and if I hadn't sold my sewing studio furniture to pay for my internet service!

LOL!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:34 AM

I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful my experience on the QB has been. Not only have I met new friends but I, like everyone else have learned so much. I have been sewing since the age of 12 and have stabbed at quilting for a long time. Not until I joined have I been a serious quilter. I live alone. My daughters and families do not live close and you are my quilting "family". Keeping me sane does not even touch on what I feel about being a QB member.My day, everyday includes the Quilting Board. Some days I do not feel like talking so I read what others have to say and other days I am thrilled to interject but always, always I learn something new.I personally do not think there could be a better group. I love all of you.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:37 AM

I have learned two many things to list and have found so much inspiration. Also so many wonderful recipes which surprised me when I first joined the board but upon thinking about it quilters are inspired as a group and why wouldn't that be cooking and baking also(everything we do)??? I love this board and spend way too much time on it!!!!! :lol: :thumbup: :lol:
Old 09-22-2011, 06:40 AM

This board has been my best friend for years. It is wonderful to know help is just a click away.
It has grown so much lately that its hard to keep up. I am spending way to much time on it.
As far as learning its just about everything.
Whatever I hear of, it can always be confirmed or rejected by searching the board.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:09 AM

Each morning I take the kid to school and come back to read this thread. So full of information . . . very helpful. I just wish there were more time in the day. Because I'm a very beginner . . . all of you have taught me everything I know . . . and looking forward to more knowledge for this brain of mine. Thank you EVERYONE!!!
Also, working on my new Quilt room. Painting, sewing a scrappy 4-patch valance, painting the wood words *QUILT* with polka dots to match the valance and also the fan blades of the same pattern! I'm so excited! Thank you, thank you all!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:11 AM

This board has changed me in so many ways, I cannot list them all. I look forward to this newsletter every day and my day just would not be the same without it.