Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can someone explain a Shop Hop to me >

Can someone explain a Shop Hop to me

Can someone explain a Shop Hop to me

Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 AM

My daughter and I had a wonderful week shop hopping in the Quilt Across Texas hop. We made it to all shops in my region and one in each of the other 7 regions. She does not live in my region. We met so many nice shop owners, their employees and quilters from around Texas. We will definately do it again if there is a second one. We heard along the way that some were going to all the shops, which number over 90. You need 4 shops in each region and all in one to qualify for the grand prizes. There are statewide prizes, region prizes and each shop has a block pattern for you as well as refreshments. To win a prize would be great but just being around the others with the same interest and so many new ideas is worth the trip. We are hoping that this has been a success and there will be another one next year.

Thanks JAN for your information about how it all started. And thank you for putting that one together to inspire all of the others. Marjean
Old 09-22-2011, 08:02 AM

To avoid the high cost of gaseline and possibly meals, hotel expenses you can do shop hop online as well - see http://fabshophop.com - (sorry it won't show up as link you can just click on??) anyway you can register and then visit each shop to "unlock" a pattern by "finding the bunny" - the one for September is a "chocolate" theme. It is time consuming to collect all the block patterns - but fun to see different shops that are available, and the only "expense" is a sore tush and back from sitting at the computer for so long!!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:05 AM

Ms. Jan, What an experience you have had.

Lana
the Quilting Dreamer
Lansing, MI

I quess I better attend a hop
Old 09-22-2011, 08:06 AM

oops - typo gaseline should be gasoline - sorry and also now that I have entered the above post, the link did show up as a link you can click on .... duh me - sorry, still learning on this board!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:17 AM

Hey everyone, what about the one they do online? you can do it every month, if you want, and when you find the little bunny you click on it and it will take u to another screen where u register. Each month there are about 150 quilt stores from all over that participate, the prizes very, they have grand prizes,first and second, as you go to the shops you will have the chance to find quilt blocks and at the end of the month they give u the download to finish the quilt.its up to u how much you participate. i have won 3 ten dollars gift certicates and for last months i won a package of stuff that will be worth 25.00 or more, i have not received yet, but should be on its way. i am just a player have know known afiliation. but it is fun
Old 09-22-2011, 09:01 AM

I don't have any affiliation either - just have done it before as well. I haven't won anything... yet, and some months I don't care for the patterns so just skip that month, but some stores will also give you discounts for signing up too.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:44 AM

I have signed up for one that will be held for a week in January...5 shops...grand prize I think is a sewing machine...this will be my very first one...looking forward to it!!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:25 PM

I live in Maryland and I'm new to quilting. Does anyone know if there is a shop hop in this state; if so, where
Old 09-22-2011, 02:20 PM

Here is Shop Hop on the internet. Since I live in a small town that has NO local quilt store (Just Jo Ann's and Hobby Lobby - Walmart is making a comeback), I have found this Shop Hop fun and informative plus I have purchased notions and materials from the stores and won a $10.00 gift certificate from one of the stores in the June Shop Hop.
http://www.fabshophop.com/
Old 09-22-2011, 02:49 PM

You do not have to do a shop hop like the one going on now in Texas. We just get a group of women together and go to other shops. Most the time I organize the trip. (just a day trip) I let the group shop in a shop about 30-45 minutes before we go on to the next shop.