Tired of carping!

Old 09-24-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Originally Posted by quiltingcandy
The most wonderful thing about the QB is you can find almost anything you want . If you want to see beautiful quilts, they are aplenty. You want to hear a funny joke/story, they are here. You need to vent, you can. You need to see that you are not alone, because you did something stupid, you can find it here. This Board can be a real friend if you want it to be.

There are plenty of thread where people give kudos to others, and the moderators work very hard to keep out the ones that are ultra negative. And it was good for froggyintexas to vent also. This is a wonderful site and I am very thankful to all that participate.
I second these thoughts. Moderators work very hard at keeping this site safe for all of us to use, as we feel we need to at that given time. We do support each other in quilting endeavors, but also in times of stress, frustration, sadness. We rejoice in others achievements, and pray for those who are in need. All of us are truly threads that make up the entire fabric of this Quilting Board.
I agree with Deb,we are all the threads that make the QB what it is.Thanks to each and every one for making me feel like I belong to a huge wonderful family that I can turn too when I am in need..Patty
Old 09-24-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
you posted a thread complaining... about COMPLAINING??!!
:thumbup:
Old 09-24-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
oh Hon, there are posts like that too. several in fact. just keep reading. sometimes in these hard times, the need to vent is important. otherwise our little heads would explode. after venting, i'm sure those go off smiling and make other people feel good too. (())
I don't want my little head to explode!

Froggy - bless your sweet heart.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:13 PM

Some times it is helpful to the person who is hurting from what ever to vent....For some maybe this board is the only means they have to express their feelings. Good or not so good.

We can't change the problems people are facing but we can be gracious enough to lend an ear if this will help them.

I have seen many "praises" sung and compliments given by these board members.

My hat is off to you too because you spoke up about something that was bothering you and we listened. * I should say 'read')
Old 09-24-2011, 06:22 PM

I find this board refreshing and friendly. It's a great place to post.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:30 PM

Oh, I apologize, but I thought it was about fishing, too. My brother and I fished a lot when we were children, and it seemed we always caught a Carp.

I love this Board. I have vented and found very kind, compassionate individuals who listened and they will never know how much they meant to me at the time.

When my Mama passed away, in 2009. This quilt board helped me keep my sanity and encouraged me in many ways.

Thanks to everyone on here who have helped me.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:31 PM
cyd

I have found the most thoughtful people here on the board. Several have gone WAY out of their way to help me and they are so appreciated. Yes, there is some negative, but the overall tone is one of encouragement. I just don't read for long on the most negative posts. When I have been down I have heard from friends made on here and it always helps. Cyd
Old 09-24-2011, 06:46 PM

I do see what you are talking about on a few random threads, but I think that it's life. We all have bad seasons in our lives, and I can understand getting support or venting on the board. :-)

I'm in the weight loss challenge and the ladies have been so supportive to me, and informational as well that I have lost some weight. So, there is a lot of good to be found here. I tend to skip the really negative threads if I'm not in a place to be helpful or supportive.

For a positive aside, the lady who works at my local walmart fabric area is always friendly and helpful. My husband just spent time helping me pick out some fat quarters even though I take forever. :-)
Old 09-24-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by TxDiana
I'm so new at quilting I thought CARPING was a block ??? Now that's funny.. Anyway u look st it.
LOL don't feel like you were the only one....LOL I did too! :shock:
Old 09-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

I do understand how you feel though. I try not to read anything where people are venting about husbands anymore. They just don't realize how lucky they are to still have their DH's, and they have no idea how devestating it is to have them pass away.