Tired of carping!

Old 09-25-2011, 03:31 AM

I agree with all the above, but if you don't like a topic you are viewing, then the smart thing would be to NOT READ IT! PRAISE GOD YOU ARE STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:38 AM

What's left to say? :D I agree 100%.

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy
The most wonderful thing about the QB is you can find almost anything you want . If you want to see beautiful quilts, they are aplenty. You want to hear a funny joke/story, they are here. You need to vent, you can. You need to see that you are not alone, because you did something stupid, you can find it here. This Board can be a real friend if you want it to be.

There are plenty of thread where people give kudos to others, and the moderators work very hard to keep out the ones that are ultra negative. And it was good for froggyintexas to vent also. This is a wonderful site and I am very thankful to all that participate.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:43 AM
Banned

[quote=TxDiana]Today in Texas it is beautiful weather.. My grandkids came over and picked threw my stash and asked to make a quilt.. So I want to praise God for His Son... Praise God fir my health. Praise America for all our freedom... And praise grandkids who make an old quilting women feel like a million doller prize... Cuz they want to hang with gramma and respect the art if quilting.... Hugs and kisses to all on this great, quilting site... Where we vent, praise, cry, learn and respect each others opinions...
Old 09-25-2011, 03:47 AM

Amen
LC
Old 09-25-2011, 03:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Originally Posted by quiltingcandy
The most wonderful thing about the QB is you can find almost anything you want . If you want to see beautiful quilts, they are aplenty. You want to hear a funny joke/story, they are here. You need to vent, you can. You need to see that you are not alone, because you did something stupid, you can find it here. This Board can be a real friend if you want it to be.

There are plenty of thread where people give kudos to others, and the moderators work very hard to keep out the ones that are ultra negative. And it was good for froggyintexas to vent also. This is a wonderful site and I am very thankful to all that participate.
I second these thoughts. Moderators work very hard at keeping this site safe for all of us to use, as we feel we need to at that given time. We do support each other in quilting endeavors, but also in times of stress, frustration, sadness. We rejoice in others achievements, and pray for those who are in need. All of us are truly threads that make up the entire fabric of this Quilting Board.
:thumbup: :thumbup: VERY WELL SAID!!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:51 AM

No offense, but I think that you perhaps don't read enough of the threads posted on this board....Every single day I read posts that thank other board members for their help and graciousness, posts that sing the praises of the the Lord or another higher power, posts that congratulate other board members for their accomplishments, for their children's and grandchildren's accomplishments, posts that offer loving help, donations and prayers to those in need, posts that celebrate the lives that we are living - both the good and the bad, the pleasant and the unpleasant. There are awesome, loving and giving people who participate in this board. Of course sometimes some of us bitch about one thing or another - but those posts as far as I'm concerned are far, far outweighed by the vast number of supportive, welcoming and loving messages conveyed by so many here. For that, I thank you all.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by scowlkat
Well there are reasons for everything. Have you considered that maybe having this site as an outlet allows some folks to refrain from taking their frustration out on their loved ones or the clerk or whomever? It is my choice whether I continue reading the post or not so I have no problem with anyone's post! (Even yours!)
It's just like the TV or what movies, etc., etc. I CHOOSE to watch. I CAN CHOOSE TO READ, OR NOT READ.

Have a blessed day & may all your quilts be filled w/LOVE. :lol:
Old 09-25-2011, 03:52 AM

One thing I always keep in mind is that communication face to face is much easier to interpret because you can see facial expressions and hear intonations in the voice that helps you understand the meaning behind the words. On paper or here on the Board, we interpret meaning strickly from the words written. I do believe that often meanings are misunderstood or responses are written in a hurry without realizing how the message may be interpreted. I also like the fact that this is a place of friends...we can share, cry, laugh, and vent to help us navigate through life! I love it! There is so much support here that I refer to this Board as 'my quilting friends.'
Old 09-25-2011, 03:52 AM

Personally I do not mind if someone needs to vent, I'd rather it be here than to children, or spouse. We all get irritated at times, and some do not have anyone to vent to. I know that one of the LQS's has a lady who just grits on my nerves, so I try to go there when she is not working. Others like her a lot, but she just rubs me wrong, so I avoid contact.
My take is, if I read the first post and nothing grabs me, I just go on. I may just respond to the first post instead of reading what everyone has to say. Mostly due to not having the time to read all the posts.
Lots of times I just thank God I am not walking in that persons shoes.
So put on a smile, put on some good music and sew.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Maia B
Originally Posted by donnajean
You wrote a very negative post - about negativity. I don't think QB members predominately post negative comments. I find the board very positive & supportive.
Uh, yeah...
I have to agree here....seems sort of counter productive.....but then again, you got your complaint off your chest! (um...and isn't that what most of the rest of us are doing when we post a "negative" post?)