Tired of carping!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:25 AM

hey i thought carping was fishing to, the first thing that came to mind go figure
Old 09-25-2011, 07:29 AM

JUST THINK.................WE HAVE THE FREEDOM TO COMPLAIN !!!!! GOD BLESS ALL.....
Old 09-25-2011, 07:36 AM

I cried-beautiful post and a beautiful moment in America. I sometime give up hope and then I see things like this. Love small towns-Thanks Mz Mckee
Old 09-25-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by TxDiana
I'm so new at quilting I thought CARPING was a block ??? Now that's funny.. Anyway u look st it.
I thought they were talking about fishing fishing??
Old 09-25-2011, 07:37 AM

Well, I recently moved to a large city and joined a rather large quilt guild. I have only attended two meetings, but did enter two quilts into the quilt show. One of the quilts I entered was my Avatar. Someone asked my name and I told them. Then she said "You did Acoma". Seems a lot of people had been commenting favorably on my quilt. That's my good news for the day.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie
Sometimes it helps to carp a little to people like us who understand and on many occasions have had a simular experience. It keeps peace at home, and usually DH doesn't know what you are talking about anyway. If it gets too heated, you can always move on.
Sue
I agree-at times-while I love my DH with all my heart-I feel like I can't live with him and I can't shoot him!! Board lets me vent and keeps harmony at home. My BFF also bitches with me. Great stress reliever and we know it won't go any further!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:42 AM

This was in a magazine years and years ago and I cut it out and saved it. Thought you might enjoy it as well.

"Each of us is like a shard of glass, each a different size and color. Bits of glass are not remarkable seen scattered loosely about; however, if all are bound together with the lead of love, and each permits the light of understanding to refract uniquely through us, we become one magnificent stained glass window."
Old 09-25-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
With the current drought going on now, I’d say it’s probably not easy being a froggy in Texas. I’m going to cut her some slack......

CD in Oklahoma
Thanks, for the laugh. That's why I love this board.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
OMG Am I dumb or sumthin?? Froggy honey, you must have a reason for saying what you said, but I either missed something or I'm plain stupid because I try to read every single post on here (I have no life - not complainin, just sayin)and I know when I read different posts, I find myself thinkin, jeez I thought I was the only one who had those problems, or jeez what sweet people. I will tell you this, I have had a lot of very sad days since I lost my best friend (my Mother) and this board and members have given me the strength to keep going. I find myself laughing and crying with you guys, oooooing and aawwwwing over your beautiful projects, feeling so much kindness when someone shares a tutorial or a "secret hint". I start and end my days with this board and my biggest carp (who knew) is when I've read everything and have to close my computer. I'm definitely not a religions person but I thank God every day that somehow I stumbled on this board. Thanks to everybody for makin me feel part of this family and the moderators, you're awesome!!! I could go on and on because this board is so dear to my heart, but then you guys might shoot me :) Wendy
Wendy, you couldn't have said it any better. I agree 100% with all that you have mentioned. God Bless You Always!!! Mary
Old 09-25-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
you posted a thread complaining... about COMPLAINING??!!
way to go :thumbup: to each his own. :lol: