Tired of carping!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by arimuse
oh my gosh froggy, this was the biggest lift of my evening! I just finished cleaning after my cat teased and teased to come in and ran into the living rm to throw up on the rug!
reading thru all the replies set me to laughing out loud, carping is a block, and carp fishing - lol!

The reason I am addicted (yes, I will admit it ADDICTED to this site) is: I truely believe in the people who post here always post from the heart. I don't do anything else on the computer remotely like this. I belong to a varity of groups, and this is the only one I go to now.

I don't think people carp as much as they need to vent so they don't explode, are in a corner and need advice, care, concern, are feeling down due to illnesses - their own or others, feel afraid they are alone, feel too inadequit to do anything- let alone start quilting on their own.

It might seem some of the same issues come up, quilting or otherwise, but there are so many of us, and so many areas to post, and so many new people coming on, and, lets face it - so many of us in the same boat it might sound on the surface like carping - but, froggy dive deeper! We are not a shallow group! We need each other and are here for each other - sometimes we may sound sharp, but words can be read in many tones, I dont think any of us carp to all that much (not even you carping we carp too much - lol! oh, that just cracks me up - someone posted you're complaining about complaining)

You are all on the otherside of a glass wall, away from me, and there are times when I wish so hard you were all living next door and could all come for coffee or tea and cookies and help me on a quilt, or just to talk! I love the way this group works and wouldnt want it changed for anything.sharet
I do not belong to any other board and this is my first stop in the morning-coffee and 'conversations' with my 'friends'-I learn alot-you all inspire me-thank for being there for me

And I agree with the above-she just said it better than I could
Old 09-25-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Great-great granny
Living alone at 77, this is my 'second family'. It's where I come FIRST THING EACH AM & have my morning coffee w/friends I have something in common with - a love of quilting. It's where I come to get at least one ROFL or at least a chuckle every day.

It's where I come to share the loss of a loved one & sympathize w/others who have a great loss or burden on their heart that others help lift them up from .

It's where I know I will find at least one great tip for the day & view beautiful creations from people who REALLY CARE.

It's where I receive another beautiful blessing each day.

Hope each of you have a blessed day & all your quilts are filled w/love. :lol:
YUP!!! AM, NOON and PM are my sign in times. I love the way you put it Great-Great Granny. I am in the same boat and LOVE this board and ALL the wonderful folks here. Love to everyone, and have a Blessed Day!!!! Mary
Old 09-25-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
This has been a great thread to read, including the topic!
For me, and this is just me, the quilt board is my safe haven.
I agree there is so much going on in our country, world, that is frightening,negative, etc and when I come here I am so happy!!
Yes, I see negative posts at times, but as others said, maybe it's better to take out frustrations here than on husbands, kids, pets etc.
The moderators do a splendid job on preventing things from getting out of hand. But they also give us the space to whine or vent, which most of us need at times.
I don't belong to any other forum b/c this one has everything I want- the quilts, furkids, hugs, jokes, you name it- we have it.
Froggy, I totally get what you're saying but I also love the replies :)
I love you all!!! :D
100% right on!!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Patti Mahoney
Originally Posted by SherriB
I thought it would be a post about carp fishing!!!! LOL!! DH likes fishing.
OK Sherrie I didn't want to admit it at first but since you brought it up....LOLOL......I thought carping had something to do with that Alabama Hand Fishing thing I saw on TV.....I've been a city girl ALL my left, I've only been fishing once, caught a sun fish the size of the palm of my hand but I was watching Television a few weeks ago, (I work nights and when I'm off, I'm usually up all night anyhow, so I watch alot of television at night while I'm working on my hand stitched quilt top). I was flipping channels and stumbled across a program where people in, I think it was, Alabama, and they would go into the river, creek, lake, whatever, and from what I could understand, swirl around in the mud in the bottom of the water and somehow get a big carp or catfish, I can't remember what kind of fish they were catching, to bite their hands and then they somehow managed to pull the fish out of the water, those fishes were huge, I mean HUGE! ! ! ...OMG, I was stunned, first, I couldn't imagine having my hand in any fishes mouth and then to pull it out of the water and have to touch it with the other hand .... Ekeeeekekek ...The closest I ever come to fish is buying Tilapia at the grocery store, lolol....So, yep, I was wondering what carping was myself...LOL Maybe the lady who wrote that can explain......
LOL....I thought froggy left the "et" out of carpeting, so I wanted to see what was being said about "carpeting". hehehehe...Mary
Old 09-25-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by mariehughey
I have been coming here for precisely one summer. It's a beautiful fall day here where I live. What's it like where you are?

I've been reading almost every post, everyday and this one is, by far, the worst. You attacked everyone for what, maybe, 2 or 3 people have done. Get a grip.
Get mad if you want to but this is not the worst post ever on this board, not by a longshot. "get a grip" ?? this is exactly the mean spiritedness we don't care for. Cut Froggy some slack. We all love the 'board, good bad, or indifferent and I am sure Froggy does too.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:05 AM

Amen,Amen
Old 09-25-2011, 08:13 AM

I love this board. I have learned so much. I take the tips that everyone gives out, admire the beautiful quilt someone works so hard over and think I will never be able to do that. It has given me the courage to start a class with my two daughters and four grand daughters. I am sharing the limited knowledge I have with them and also spending a few hours a week with some very special people in my life. If some one complains it makes me realize that my live is not perfect, but it is better than a lot of others. I am truly blessed and thank God for every day.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:14 AM

You go, Froggy. We all could use reminding sometimes of all the positive things that happen in our lives (for whatever reason) compared to the number of negative things.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by watson's mom
Originally Posted by mariehughey
I have been coming here for precisely one summer. It's a beautiful fall day here where I live. What's it like where you are?

I've been reading almost every post, everyday and this one is, by far, the worst. You attacked everyone for what, maybe, 2 or 3 people have done. Get a grip.
Get mad if you want to but this is not the worst post ever on this board, not by a longshot. "get a grip" ?? this is exactly the mean spiritedness we don't care for. Cut Froggy some slack. We all love the 'board, good bad, or indifferent and I am sure Froggy does too.
I rarely post but read at least some of this board posts every day. I agree with watson's mom. Maybe Froggy needs a hug today. I don't know. I don't read the posts that don't interest me and I usually stop reading those that are negative or snippy. Overall, I find this to be an uplifting site. I am gun shy after once posting on another board very innocently only to be attacked.

Froggy- I hope you have the best day ever- you and everyone else.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by TxDiana
I'm so new at quilting I thought CARPING was a block ??? Now that's funny.. Anyway u look st it.
I thought it was about fishing and ended up sad instead
:cry: