Tired of carping!

Old 09-25-2011, 05:31 PM

I can't tell you how much this quilting board has boosted my spirits after my surgery in December 2010 and recuperation in the months following. And there are still some that inquire about me and my health. I appreciate everyone who who has inquired and those that sent cards in Dec. + Jan. You'll never know how much that lifted my spirits. HUGE HUGS & Kisses. XOXOXO
Old 09-25-2011, 05:42 PM

A reply to virtualbernie - What a wonderful way of expressing feelings for all those who participate in the QB - "I think of QB as my "virtual sisters/brothers". That's about as POSITIVE as one can get. Thank you.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:49 PM

what more could you ask for?
Originally Posted by kheliwud
The sun is (finally) shining, we have food in our bellies and I am going to sew. Life is good!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
You wrote a very negative post - about negativity. I don't think QB members predominately post negative comments. I find the board very positive & supportive.
Well put. I also think that it's theraputic for people to turn to other people for reassurance when they become frustrated. It's quilters helping quilters :thumbup:
Old 09-25-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
Originally Posted by scowlkat
Well there are reasons for everything. Have you considered that maybe having this site as an outlet allows some folks to refrain from taking their frustration out on their loved ones or the clerk or whomever? It is my choice whether I continue reading the post or not so I have no problem with anyone's post! (Even yours!)
Amen, AMEN!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:07 PM

[quote=ThayerRags]With the current drought going on now, I’d say it’s probably not easy being a froggy in Texas. I’m going to cut her some slack......

CD in Oklahoma[/quo

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-25-2011, 06:18 PM

COME ON FRIENDS, PALS, MOMS, AND ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL QUILTERS WHO GET TOGETHER TO HELP ONE ANOTHER........

I took my dad to the mall the other day to buy some new shoes (he is 66).

We decided to grab a bite to eat at the food court. I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him.
The teenager had spiked hair in all different colors -green, red, orange, and blue. My dad kept staring at her. The teenager kept looking and would find my dad staring every time . When the teenager had had enough, she sarcastically asked: "What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?" Knowing my Dad, I quickly swallowed my food so that I would not choke on his response; I knew he would have a good one! In classic style he responded without batting an eyelid ....
"Got stoned once and had sex with a parrot. I was just wondering if you might be my kid."
Old 09-25-2011, 06:19 PM

We all have good and bad days but the one we need the most help with is the bad of course. Sometimes it helps having someone to vent to and also for all the wonderful help we get here. I have seen more positive, funny and like I say when the day comes we mess up or just upset about a family struggle for health or we're worried I know I'm awfully glad I can come here to moan. Have a great day. Sue
Old 09-25-2011, 06:24 PM

I love you Dad's reply! LOL

Originally Posted by dohogn3764
COME ON FRIENDS, PALS, MOMS, AND ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL QUILTERS WHO GET TOGETHER TO HELP ONE ANOTHER........

I took my dad to the mall the other day to buy some new shoes (he is 66).

We decided to grab a bite to eat at the food court. I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him.
The teenager had spiked hair in all different colors -green, red, orange, and blue. My dad kept staring at her. The teenager kept looking and would find my dad staring every time . When the teenager had had enough, she sarcastically asked: "What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?" Knowing my Dad, I quickly swallowed my food so that I would not choke on his response; I knew he would have a good one! In classic style he responded without batting an eyelid ....
"Got stoned once and had sex with a parrot. I was just wondering if you might be my kid."
Old 09-25-2011, 06:27 PM

Maybe they already ran off everyone at home!!