Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone else have too many interests? >

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Old 09-27-2011, 07:23 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:35 AM

MY DH has no hobbies and he thinks that I should have only one-but I bead, read, quilt, garden. If I do just one I get bored and then I get into trouble.
I need the outlets that designing beads and quilting gives me. I love my fur babies but you can only sit so long and pet them. I do need to start walking or something to shake the fat out of my tush-but then I think I really could be reading or quilting or beading instead of wasting time walking-which I hate.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:39 AM

I have to many interest but they all take me away from home except quilting.I just finished costuming a play and tonight I am auditioning for a part in another.This weekend we are going crabbing and camping, next weekend I will be kayaking.I love to read and have 70 something books stacked on the stairs to read.I belong to paperbackswap.com so I am always getting in new books and sending out book and I work full time.So I do understand it can be hard to find time to quilt.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:42 AM

I have given up scrapbooking because I can't give it the time it requires. I would rather sew any day!!! :thumbup:
Old 09-27-2011, 07:46 AM

I just love all the answers from this topic. I too have many things I'm doing and I try to add more to the long list of things I'm already doing and I've decided...no more...I've got to call a halt to more stuff. I am 65 years old and I need to finish what I've started. It's a good thing.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:50 AM

Jack of all trades, master of non come to mind when I think of myself. I love to read, quilt, cross stitch, crochet, paper crafting, and rubber stamps just to name a few of things I dabble in and have ton of money invested in. A friend at work is teaching me how to knit while I try to teach her to crochet. (I always think whichever you learned first is easier for you as we each prefer the needle craft we are use to).

I really feel a need to create stuff, even if my way of creating varies from time to time. My hands need to be busy! Do I sometimes feel guilty about the money I spend? Yes. Do I enjoy doing what I spent the money on? That's a yes too. Life's too short. If I should die, someone will find my treasures at a GoodWill and hopefully enjoy them as much as I did.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:56 AM

I know I do ! Love the process and planning, as much as the making !! I get bored with just one project. Love to paint, stencil, needlepunch, crochet, hunt antiques (cheaply), repurpose furniture and junk, garden, kayak and fishing with DH, beach combing, remodeled our house etc ...
NO wonder I don't get as many quilts made as I used to, plus that thing called work gets in the way ! :roll:
Old 09-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

I love doing crafty things, and always have something going. Perhaps too many! Am working on finishing some UFO's, like: LA quilting projects, making pin cushions, counted cross stitch, beading items, table runners, half-done quilts, embroidery items, etc. I want to get them done so I may enjoy the finished items--and start more! :)
I'd like to someday refurbish some vintage sewing machines and cabinets, etc. ;)
Old 09-27-2011, 08:20 AM

I'm soooo guilty of this. I knit, crochet, spin and weave + quilt/sew. I can fill pages on here of things I've tried over the years.

I've reached a point now in my life, close to retirement, that I've consciously pared down things to allow me more quilting time (funds). It was hard but worth it!

Good luck, it isn't easy to turn down goodies like that loom!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Ha Ha, I had a big rug loom over some 20 years ago.... It took a good chunk of the living room. One day my 8 yr old DD and I were stringing it. The loom had a counter - when the counter fell off, that 'bout' was wound on to the loom. We got all done and it looked odd but I tried it out. The weaving looked like fried baloney. We could not figure out why. Well, DS who was 2 was watching to make sure the counter didn't fall off. He was pushing it back on. Sure was a mess. I had a lot of neck and shoulder problems from all the beating down on that loom so I sold it.