Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone else have too many interests? >

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Old 09-27-2011, 04:24 PM

Right now I am spring cleaning. Going through everything to see what I want to keep. I have found homes for some things, only to have people mention they want something that I have that I know I have seen recently in one the boxes. So that is my interest right now.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:26 PM

I have so many interests that if I retire tomorrow I won't live long enough to do everything I want to do. I'm 64 and a breast cancer survivor of 1 year. May not seem that long, but every day without cancer is a good one. I just want to get all my projects done before I meet my maker. We're also having two grandbabies, one in October and one in March. I have a feeling that our lives will be changing.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:51 PM

sounds familiar I like to do a lot of differnt crafts. I wish I could just settle on one or two, I would get so much more done.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:59 PM

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes. I just love doing too many things. My
husband says to someone, "She is always doing something."
Old 09-27-2011, 05:00 PM

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes. I just love doing too many things. My
husband says to someone, "She is always doing something."
Old 09-27-2011, 07:43 PM

I love quilting, but I also love painting, reading and many other things. This afternoon I taught a group of seniors to make stitched cards. One of my favorite Erma Bombeck quotes is "When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me."
Have fun with that loom!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:30 PM

If only we had 48 hour day for all the things we want to do in life. Hopefully we can still have these hobbies in heaven. Imagine eternity to try and do all the crafty things we want to do.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:07 PM

I love quilting but get caught up into charity work so I don't get my own quilts made, I do gardening, quilting, genealogy and camping with my husband. Love my quilting guild but seem to not be able to say no to charity projects which throws me behind on my own projects ,Am I stupid or what??? :XD: :XD: :XD:
Old 09-27-2011, 09:08 PM

I used to, you name it i done it, hunt, fish,camp,sew, quilt, embrodry by hand, wood work, garden, do all my own mahanic work, bow hunt, chroche, an knit, ride motorcycles. Just to name a few. Became a D.A.V. so that kinda limited me a little. But still breathing and I do whatever I want and can I can't complain. Still alive and married to a beautiful loveing lady. Never to many Hobbie's. Just think...... What do I want to do today. And just DO IT. Go for it. Life is short. We never know When he will knock.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:08 PM

So glad to hear there are others out there just like me. Too many interests and way too many projects "to finish". I have tried to focus on finishing the Christmas gifts I have started. Queen size quilts for 5 people and for me to "try" to focus on this is just about impossible. Always wanting something new to try. Really, I am trying to finish the projects I have set aside and am feeling so much better about everything, am so tired of not finishing things. Always wanting to try "this and that".