Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My (not only) quilts >

My (not only) quilts

My (not only) quilts

Old 09-28-2011, 04:27 AM

They are all wonderful! I can't believe the detailed thread painting in your dragonfly quilt. I also particularly like the artic fox and cat pillows. I think it's the choice of fabrics that really make them stand out to me. Great job!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:33 AM
ns

Nice job! Wish my first quilts looked like them. You are very talented. Keep quilting.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:41 AM

Wow u do Beautiful work
Old 09-28-2011, 04:43 AM

WOW stunning, great job on all they are fantastic
Old 09-28-2011, 04:47 AM

love them all!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:48 AM

a lot of variety, that is what is fun, you don't have to just make a quilt for the bed, but any size and shape we want with a lot of different techniques. great job
Old 09-28-2011, 04:48 AM

Oh my gosh, thank you all for such nice words!
I think I'm a type which can't say O.K., I learned it, now I have to master it. I'm doing one thing and if I decide that it looks fine I start something completely different. It's a torture to me to make few identically looking items (sometimes I have to, as gifts, but then I try to convince myself that it's worth doing :P ).

Some time ago I started an art quilt for next year's quilt show in Germany (if they will decide to take me), but I reached the point where I should thread sketch it... and I'm a little bit concerned how it will work out (I'm afraid of wrinkling of the fabric while doing it).
I already started reading about art quilts here on QB, but I didn't red all yet. Then probably I will have questions ;)
Old 09-28-2011, 04:49 AM

Awesome....!!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:49 AM

You're doing great. I've been sewing for 50 years and quilting for 11 and you have tried things I haven't. GO GIRL!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:53 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kirie
Oh my gosh, thank you all for such nice words!
I think I'm a type which can't say O.K., I learned it, now I have to master it. I'm doing one thing and if I decide that it looks fine I start something completely different. It's a torture to me to make few identically looking items (sometimes I have to, as gifts, but then I try to convince myself that it's worth doing :P ).

Some time ago I started an art quilt for next year's quilt show in Germany (if they will decide to take me), but I reached the point where I should thread sketch it... and I'm a little bit concerned how it will work out (I'm afraid of wrinkling of the fabric while doing it).
I already started reading about art quilts here on QB, but I didn't red all yet. Then probably I will have questions ;)
I just had a look at your Flickr album and I ahve to say again how much I love your work. :-D

One idea when thread painting - spray baste the top to the batting and do the thread painting, then add the backing and just quilt a few lines through the piece to hold that in place. The batting stabilises the piece whilst thread painting and gives some dimension to the stitching but you don't have all the mess visible on the back. :-D