Broken hearted

Old 09-28-2011, 04:43 AM

So sorry. My heart would be broken also. :(
Old 09-28-2011, 04:54 AM

I can totally sympathize since my mother did something similar to me, only it was my first attempt at crochet rather than a quilt. It was a large mat made from a pretty complex pattern. She kept all the pieces my great aunt had made, but mine disappeared pretty early on and she just blew me off when I asked her about it. Family can definitely hurt us the most.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
how did you find out it went to goodwill? Was it an accident?? :( So sorry for your broken heart... mine would be too. :(
She is downsizing and my sister asked me to see if she would let her have the quilt if she didn't have room for it. I asked and she said, "Oh, I gave it to Goodwill." When my mouth fell open she added, "Well, you can't keep everything!" It was no accident and I just need to remember just because it meant so much to my sister and me it meant little or nothing to her. Some things never change even when you hope they will.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:22 AM

That was NOT A NICE thing to do, if she didn't like, she should of given it back to you, especially, since she knew how to quilt (all the time and work) that goes into making a quilt. I do hope it was an accident!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:38 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

(( HUGS)))
Old 09-28-2011, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by bodie358
Originally Posted by quilter68
QuiltE,

Just an FYI - Roseanna, Roseanna Danna was on Laugh-in. Now I am dating myself but I am pretty sure thatas is where the saying came from.

Quilter68
Ps My sisters'name is Roseanne.
Actually, she was on Saturday Night Live, one of the characters portrayed by the late, great, Gilda Radner.

To the original poster: Bless your poor hurt heart. I am going through a tough time right now with my elderly father who told me that I was ruining his life. He proceeded to tell me to leave or he would have me removed by the police! My crime? I was cleaning his house to make it safer to live in. My heart is broken too.
I hope he was not always that way. Unfortunately my mother has not changed a lot. She was always very self centered and my sister and I have tried very hard to please her. Since she is the one that started quilting and got us involved we thought we had hit upon the right thing this time. Posting to the board has helped and we will get past this as we have always done in the past. She never saved things we did for her but this one, I have to admit, shocked me!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:14 AM
Lyn

My parents broke off relations with me a while back. Mom came over with everything the kids and I made for her and my dad. Everything was broken, even the glass covering my kids high school pictures. I said but these were all hers. She said, "Put them in a garage sale. Someone might want them." I know your pain.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:32 AM

Perhaps folks in that area could keep watch to see if it turns up. I'm so very sorry she gave it away after you put so much love and thought into it. I hope you can get it back. Try emailing that Goodwill and perhaps they can help?
Old 09-28-2011, 06:50 AM

Unfortunately, family members can break our hearts at times. My mother would give her last nickel to my youngest brother, (which he never, ever, paid back) but the rest of us children were expected to "stand on our own two feet".

You will get past this hurt, and eventually, it won't hurt so badly. Don't give up hope, with technology like it is, maybe you will find that quilt.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:03 AM

We don't know when she actually gave it away so it is gone. It is not something either of us need to have now that so much sadness is attached to it. We have wonderful memories of making it together..so much laughter and so much love went into it and it meant little or nothing to her.