my two siberians!

Old 09-28-2011, 03:18 PM

Love them ....ours died from cancer almost 12 years ago...loved her dearly.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 PM

They are such gorgeous dogs!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:49 PM

Beautiful fur babies.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:54 PM

Your girls are beautiful and my favorite breed, tho I have never had one....yet. Everytime I bring up thinking about getting one, I hear that they shed a lot. Do they really shed that much?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:36 PM

Your Yeley looks so much like our Josh (Joshua Gentle Warrior) did Our 8 year old son sleeps with his tiny grey husky named Josh. After 4 years he still will wake in the night and come get me to look for the dog if he looses it in the bed.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by NauDeeGal
I hear that they shed a lot. Do they really shed that much?
For us, the personality of the dog compensates for the shedding. Gypsy sheds in clumps. We "pluck" the dog. When we pluck her on the side porch, the hair goes in a 7 gal. bucket. We've filled two buckets this year, which I've cleaned, dyed and carded for needle felting. Then there is the dog rake. We vigorously rake her and the fur really flies. The birds love it. We find it in all the nest boxes and the nests in the azaleas. We joke about the hair in the house. Much like the Christmas trees - finding needles years after the tree is gone - we'll be forever finding strands of memories.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:22 AM

Beautiful looking girls.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

Your girls are beautiful and my favorite breed, tho I have never had one....yet. Everytime I bring up thinking about getting one, I hear that they shed a lot. Do they really shed that much?
Huskies are gorgeous dogs. We used to have one. Yes the shedding is bad and when they blow their coat it is huge massive clumps of wooly undercoat. They are incredibly difficult dogs to ever have off leash. They will take off running, at least ours did. The only time we could ever have our old one off leash was when a thunderstorm was coming, then she only wanted to be inside. And because they were bred to be nomadic they have very little homing instinct. Many who lose their huskies never get them back simply because they have no instinct to return home. And they are so gorgeous and for the most part amieable they are often taken in by strangers and kept. They are very good natured dogs and very beautiful.

I just lost my shepherd mix who had husky or malamute in her. I am thinking malamute just because of her size. She was a big girl. She had cancer. :(
Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 AM

I am allergic to my dogs and cat.. Yeley shreds 24/7 she is a thick underneath. Furr will shed with the slightest temp. change.... Females shred more the male.... Get them used to being brushed or you are in trouble... Furr carries on like i am hurting her... I am planning on shaving Yeley within the next week.. Her back end is needing it. she won't let me brush her butt.... or cut her nails... but get one............

Old 09-29-2011, 09:31 AM

My first Husky "Sam" was bigger then a German Shep... A Malamute will never have blue eyes, always brown. If they do, then they have Husky in them.. But still beautiful!

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Huskies are gorgeous dogs. We used to have one. Yes the shedding is bad and when they blow their coat it is huge massive clumps of wooly undercoat. They are incredibly difficult dogs to ever have off leash. They will take off running, at least ours did. The only time we could ever have our old one off leash was when a thunderstorm was coming, then she only wanted to be inside. And because they were bred to be nomadic they have very little homing instinct. Many who lose their huskies never get them back simply because they have no instinct to return home. And they are so gorgeous and for the most part amieable they are often taken in by strangers and kept. They are very good natured dogs and very beautiful.

I just lost my shepherd mix who had husky or malamute in her. I am thinking malamute just because of her size. She was a big girl. She had cancer. :(