Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE??? >

Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE???

Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE???

Old 09-29-2011, 05:50 AM

Well yes of course I am!!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:56 AM

I'm a big fabric fan, but not a junkie. I only go to browse through fabrics when I need some. I've always hated "window shopping" of any kind and that includes fabric ... if I ain't buyin', I ain't lookin'!
When I am actually fabric shopping, I really enjoy looking and touching.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by weezie
I'm a big fabric fan, but not a junkie. I only go to browse through fabrics when I need some. I've always hated "window shopping" of any kind and that includes fabric ... if I ain't buyin', I ain't lookin'!
When I am actually fabric shopping, I really enjoy looking and touching.
What's wrong with this person????? LOL Just kidding. I wish I had your will power. I can't just go when I need something. If I am out and about, the fabric shop is always on my list.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:21 AM

Always have to check things out and see if I can find a bargain!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:31 AM

I am definitely a fabric junkie! I have so much that I have to store some of it (a significant portion) in my garage which I hate doing but I'm not going to pay for commercial storage for it either. My late husband was a real help with using bits and pieces but due to his death, the fabric is growing faster than I use it. I even have stopped buying on a regular basis to help but it's out of control already.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:50 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

who me ?? Have you been peeking into my sewing room ? no way (jes don't tell my family that !! HAHA, they will tell you to come look at the piles of my fabric !LOL)
Old 09-29-2011, 06:58 AM

Sometimes. ..I got through spurts of buying fabric...lately I'm buying dies and patterns..although the latter is much cheaper..
Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 AM

Agreed!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:07 AM

me too :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by suzanprincess
My name is Susan, and I am an addict. It started in Jr. High, when I first learned to sew. I was 10. It got worse over the years, but I overcame the habit in the Polyester Era, as I could not stay long in a fabric store because of the smell. And petting those poly double knits just didn't give me that quality-cotton high.

But now, thanks to the advent of Local Quilt Shops and even worse--The Internet, were there are those who will send my fix right to my home, and they take PayPal!--and my recent foray into quilting, and with all the enablers on this Board egging me on, I have backslid into full addiction once again. Oh, woe is me!

Wait! (she adds with a sigh of relief) I believe that at last I have redemption! I now qualify as Fabric Goddess instead of mere Junkie! And I have the yardage to prove it. :mrgreen:

BTW, for you 30's floursack repro-prints-aholics, Hancock's of Paducah currently has a sale on fat quarters--half price for $60 set of 30 = $29.99, aka $1/FQ. Other sets on sale too, but only that one full 50% off. http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item--i-WF-31835-FQ Just in case you're interested. No, no, I'm not pushing this, I have no free samples to offer you....
well said-and I just spent more than I should have at fabric.com-was looking for just ONE fabric but couldn't resist-fabric junky or goddess-need to go pet my fabric now