Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buffalo Pony Quilt >

Buffalo Pony Quilt

Buffalo Pony Quilt

Old 09-29-2011, 09:02 AM

Sorry for your loss. But good for you. Just put one foot infront of the other and you will make it. I know, was in the same boat.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by MamaLinda
According to the Facebook page, the company closed last October. So far haven't found another store. I'll keep looking though.
I found the books on amazon. There is one that is quilting legends of the west and seems to be wild animlas and then there is another book by the same ladies called Legends Barnyard which i think i may be more interested in cause I am looking for horses. Only problem is I can't see in the book to know for sure it has the red pony. the red pony may be in the first book...wish i knew someone that had the book begfore i bought it.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by suezquilts
I made this quilt when I was a bit sad, lost both parents in 2 years. Trying to get my game back on. My hubby was gone and I was alone, my children mostly married. So as I was walking out of a quilt shop, and saw this quilt. I asked, do you have this kit, she said yes, I said I'll take one.
Made this quilt in one day. It spoke to me, someday I will be free and the wind blowing in my hair. I'm a red-head too.
Was wondering how big this quilt is? Sorry about your loss.Thanks for sharing this with us and your story. Quilting can be very theraputic. I am missing my Dad that passed away so I am making a memory quilt in memory of him with a music theme since he was a musician. I love horses and love your quilt...would love to find this pattern. Corry
Old 09-29-2011, 10:03 AM

Isn't it great to have some way to always express ourselves. A tactile way to keep busy and still say and feel what our hearts, minds and memories are holding. Whether it is happy or sad, it's great to have this form of expression. Beats all heck out of a pill bottle or other self destructive method. Don't you love those 10 day fishing trips? And how about the returns! God holds us all; we just have to hold on too.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 AM

Wonderful quilt. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:47 PM

It is hard, but time heals does help. I lost my parents that lived with us for 3 years within a 9 month period of time.
It's been a year now, but still miss them every day. Keeping busy helps. I know they are both with the Lord and therefore I have reason to smile.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:01 PM

So sorry for your loss. Your quilt is beautiful! I'd love to make one, as well!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:40 PM

Love your quilt, and thanks for sharing your story.--It's interesting how things come along to comfort us at just the right moment. Lost my parents in 89 and 91 - It is not fun to be an orphan at any age!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my parents within 2 years of one another, so by the time I was 25 I had lost both my parents. I thought my heart would break in two, but slowly, one day at a time I worked out of it. You have an amazing quilt to remind you that you are strong and you will once again fly like the quilt. It is so gorgeous and you can always look at it and know that you are now stronger than ever and things will get better. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless you and keep you in his loving arms.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:18 PM

I have a siliar if not the same pattern I picked up in Nevada called painted pony. Yours looks great I haven't tried it yet-hope you are doing a little better each day-we all love you here in quilters land and pray for you