Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-01-2011, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Welcome to all the new people.

MJ I love the idea of haveing to post that way we get to know each other better.

As usual I can't remember what the FQ is supposed to be for Sept. can someone remind me?

Had my EEG yesterday and met with the neurologist. I was in for a shock. I thought all these symptoms I've been having have come from low blood sugar but probably not. I have ambnormal brain wave which indicate mini seizure activity. It would also explain my migrains. I really didn't want to find I was having szrs but he said as long as they are not grand mal I can still drive, I just have to monitor myself. He put me on a med called topomax which can interfere with other meds I'm on but rith now it's for a six week trial and if I have any problems I'm supposed to contact him right away. Not what I wanted to hear but not nearly as bad as others on this thread.

I'm off to weigh myself for the beginning of October - I record it on the calender so I remember cus guess who doesn't have a good memory! Then I have to be out to church early to meet the church quilters as we are draping all the quilts we made this year in the santuary for all to see tomorrow. It's quilt Sunday at our church.

Prayers to all that are ill. Will try to check in later.
Jeanne, what a scary diagnosis. Silly me, I thought Topomax was a weight loss drug.

Would love to see the quilts decorating your church.

Take care sweetie.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gelswood
Sign me up. Good luck to all.
Good luck to YOU too! We are all winners here because of the friendships that are forged.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by reisingranch
I got a new battery in my scale and discovered the awful truth. Back to healthy eating. Anxious to be involved. I LOVE this site.
I did that once, too, added more than 10# to what I THOUGHT I weighed. Mine probably needs replacing as well. Aw shucks!

Will let you know when I do.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:04 AM

MJ[/quote]

Pick your goal for the month and Go! for it![/quote]

I've heard it said many times that those who are most successful had written down their goals. Here is the short list for me for October.....

1. Repeat Cycle 1 of the 17Day diet
2. Begin my Turbo Fire workouts
3. Resume walking my half marathon training
4. Track my nutrition

Doing these things WILL bring me success and I should easily see a 6-8# loss. I should be on day 14 of Cycle 2 by month end.

I did TurboFire this morning, the 15 min class. Did not do any jumping, nor deep lunges. Gonna wait and see how my knees deal with this. I plan on sticking with this short class for now - plus it will help me learn the moves. It is my first exercise of any kind in over 3 weeks.

What are YOUR goals for October?
Old 10-01-2011, 06:06 AM

Cindy, you are heavy on my heart this morning. Prayers being lifted up for you.

We miss you.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:22 AM

I weighed myself this morning. This begins month 2 of my diet. I am beginning to feel better already. So I guess I will pop over here throughout the month for inspiration.
Goal
Walk 30 min in the morning
Drink more water
Walk 30 min at night. Wrote my weight on my iPhone, will post pounds lost on due date - November 1st I think.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:24 AM

Wow, I was just sort of looking around the board and found you all. Must put a big push on to loose this month as it is a 6 month check up for me so I am very happy to join and hope to be an encourager and and encouragee (I am allowed to make up words, correct?)
Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 AM

Accountability time for this girl.....

I gained 5.6# during September. Anytime I get sick, I break out the Dr Pepper. I even went and bought it since I had banned it from the house. And, since I knew that I was starting October with a clean slate - I finished off a 12 pack of DP yesterday. Yep, that's right - I can drink a 12 pack all by myself on a daily basis. No wonder my cholesterol gets so high. And my weight.

When I first started the 17day diet in April, I had a big stock of nine 12-packs that I did NOT touch until July. Those were gone by September and I would buy 2-liters in my delusional withdrawals. DH came home with 5 12 packs that I finished; bought 5 more. It is cooling down enough that I can put the 4 remaining 12 packs in the attic. Outta sight - outta mind.

Thank God for 2nd chances and new beginnings. My long-range goal is to be at my 'doctors requested weight' by Christmas. That is 21# to lose in under 90 days - this time last month it would have been 15# in under 120 days. It will take focus and determination. And WORK. I have to be watchful because September is proof just how quickly I spiral back down into bad habits.

DH just walked in the door with donuts! And I said no thank you. I've already had a smoothie.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jeannette in NJ
Wow, I was just sort of looking around the board and found you all. Must put a big push on to loose this month as it is a 6 month check up for me so I am very happy to join and hope to be an encourager and and encouragee (I am allowed to make up words, correct?)
Welcome Jeannette. Nope, no grammar police here.

LOTS of encouragement to be found here.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:36 AM

September's weight loss winner is katvert, with a loss of 13 pounds! Remember to PM her for her addy and mail her skinny quarter (red/green or a combo of both but not Christmas fabrics) so that she can reap her reward for her very hard work.

I have closed the September thread.

We are open to enrollment for October until the 3rd at 9 a.m. central time.

You Go Girls!