Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Results of Restless leg syndrom >

Results of Restless leg syndrom

Results of Restless leg syndrom

Old 10-02-2011, 02:43 PM

Great recycling job - I used to have awful restless legs and when I stopped taking Crestor, they are fine now.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by shrabar
can you tell us how you make such a pretty rug thanks
I didn't use a pattern. I am a veteran crocheter. I just did a chain and started going around and around with a single crochet, adding extras on the ends as needed to make it lay flat.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:00 PM

My doc recommended a 6 oz glass of tonic water with quinine before bed and it does seem to help my RLS.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:03 PM
mim

My father must have had something like that -- My mother would take two damaged sheets and sew the good parts together to make a "good" sheet

Your rug is really a good idea
Old 10-02-2011, 03:08 PM

Beautiful and great idea!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by candicane
PM me if you are interested in a book I read about restless leg. Yoou can it at the local library and they aren't selling a thing,as in NOTHING. It will blow your mind,....

By the way I LOVE THE RESOURCEFULLNESS. Beautiful work.

Oh girl, please post it for all of us to see, look how many of us have this. Mine seem to be a bit different. I feel like something is crawling around in both my legs and the there are places that go in and out and you can see it, I don't have pain but it is annoying....
Old 10-02-2011, 03:23 PM

Great use for the sheets.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:49 PM

Where do you get the quinine? My cousin had used it for a while, but said she could't buy it anymore.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:13 PM

I remember my doctor prescribed it for me but it didn't agree with...tonic water can be bought at the grocery store...gin and tonic lol

I have been researching this thing for ages and I have come to the conclusion that it must be a mineral deficency...I will do a little searching again....
Old 10-02-2011, 04:17 PM

I have RLS and taking a Parkinson's med for it. For me it is the result of a condition called Pernicious Anemia which means that my body does not absorb vitamin B12 though its normal route. The usual route of absorbsion for B12 is through the intestinal wall. With this condition the cells in the intestinal wall become small enough that the B12 molecules can't pass through and attach to blood cells and you become anemic. I have to inject B12 in order to get it into my bloodstream. Lack of B12 has severe consequences for the nervous system. When I finally went to the Dr and was diagnosed I couldn't move my left leg without moving it with my hands. I thought I might have MS. I was told that if I had waited much longer that it could have affected my heart and resulted in death. B12 injections reversed most of the symptoms I was experiencing but this is a permanent condition. I had mentioned it to two doctors prior to being diagnosed but they dismissed it as psychological. Sitting for long periods of time is virtually impossible and that makes it difficult to take a trip on a plane without sedation. We drive anywhere we want to go so I can get out and walk around or stomp my foot if I need to. My DH is used to it but if I have to sit and wait in a public place people become uncomfortable with all my movement and I am sure they think I am a nut case. At it's least it feels like bugs constantly crawling on my legs and bottom of my left foot. It is sometimes so annoying that I will hit my leg to try and divert the brains focus. Combine it with menopause and you have the perfect storm for a miserable nights sleep and worn out sheets. Ann in Tn