Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need to find out a name of a ruler... >

Need to find out a name of a ruler...

Need to find out a name of a ruler...

Old 10-02-2011, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Nantie
I believe it may be the Double Diamond ruler.. this allows you to make 1.5 and 3.5 double diamonds. I bought mine at a LQS for 24.95 but I have not used it yet. I just had to have it based on the samples I had seen made up. The website is Bright-Quilting-Notions.com. I hope this helps.
That is really cool! Has anyone on the board used it? If so, please post pics. Would love to see them!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:56 AM

Sweet Ruler..love the effect!

video:
http://www.bright-quilting-notions.c...ond-video.html
Old 10-02-2011, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BMP
Yesterday I was at a Quilt show and a ruler was demonstrated and I should have bought it but I didnt now I cant remember the name of it so that I can find one on line.
The technique was you fused 2 fabrics together right sides facing out then foled it length wise and placed the ruler on the fold and cut slits which when opened created diamond shape cuts that you folded up , it looked like cutouts.
Oops. Saw that, too, but did not pay much attention as I knew it was not something I am interested in....so sorry!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:30 AM

Yes, I took a class and made a table runner with it. It was ok, I found that I probably wouldn't use it all that much. I made some bookmarks too. They were cute.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:38 AM

That does look pretty cool but I'm not sure if I like the stitching down the center of the triangles, it kind of takes away from it.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:56 AM

I have one - It is the June Tailor "Shape Cut" slotted ruler. Unfortunately, I haven't used it yet. It is one of those things I thought I absolutely had to have, but it scares me. I can cut strips, I can cut triangles, I don't want to cut fringe into fleece, but I do want to do the strips into diamonds and that is why I think I got it, plus JoAnn had a 50% off and I had the coupon. Why do we feel we have to buy something because we have the coupon????? So how it works, I do not know, I don't know if I will ever want to know, but I have it in case I do. Edie
Old 10-03-2011, 03:08 AM

I made a purse and used the Double Diamond Ruler. If I could, I would attach the picture I previously posted on this site. My user name is s3wbusy, maybe you could take a look and find the pix. I had fun adding the Double Diamond piece to the front of my purse and have had lots of compliments.

Judy
s3wbusy
Old 10-03-2011, 03:09 AM

It is called the Double Diamond Ruler. Phone number is 866-827-2307. It is fun and easy to use. The web site on package is Bright-Quilting-Notions.com. Good luck.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:17 AM

it's called Double Diamond Ruler, the website is Bright-Quilting-Notions.com. I demonstrated the tool at our recent quilt show
Old 10-03-2011, 04:03 AM

Yes, I got it at the quilt show yesterday it is the double diamond