Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-03-2011, 05:41 AM

Thanks for the Baked Oatmeal recipe that looks very tasty will have to try that tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:41 AM

It looks like a beautiful day!! I am so inspired . I have started a new quilt for my grandson, so no time to snack!! Just going to sew,sew, sew.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:36 AM

I know people who are always pushing food too. I think it is part of the "if everyone is doing it, it's okay" mentality. That is one advantage of the gluten free diet, absolutely no cheating is acceptable. I will, in fact, suffer for weeks if I get just a few crumbs of gluten. I rarely eat anything at someone else's home. Because of the risk of cross contamination it's just not safe. If someone gets upset, they are not really a friend and I'm better off without them in my life.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:32 AM

Well...

Yesterday we headed back home from Colorado. My stepdad was driving his car and we were in my mom's car. My stepdad came three days after we did so that is why we had two cars.

When we got about half-way through Wyoming my stepdad fell asleep while driving. He hit us and then spun out into the opposite side of the freeway's ditch. Some how he did not hit anyone on the other side of the freeway. While travelling through the ditch he was able to regain control of his car and got back on the correct side of the freeway.

I called 911 and had no cell coveraged but the sherrif's department was able to get a signal from my phone and was able to use GPS to locate us.

Two sherrif's deputies and one state trooper came to help us.

Wes (my stepdad) was able to get the parts that were dangling off of my mom's car and his so that we could get home.

I do not know how no one was hurt. I do not know how our vehicles were drivable.

We were safely in God's hands during the crash. No question about that.

I am still in a state of shock. When things like this happen my schizophrenia goes bezerk. So, I am trying very hard to regain control of my thoughts. I have been doing so well mentally that I do not want to risk losing that. I am just going to keep on keeping on.

When Cathie heard that we had had a crash she decided that she would leave to come here today. I am so glad my honey will be here. I really need her.

I thank God every moment for how he protected us and kept us safe.

Missy
Old 10-03-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H
Nancia, I tried everything to be polite with her, but I guess you can't please everyone all the time. I told her aside that I was watching my weight I wanted to lose 10 pounds she laughed at me and said I was joking,then she said something that surprised me - she said have fun, eat the great looking cake and then do like she does purge/flush her system when she gets home - that comment scared me I didn't know what to say to her, but thanks for the advice I will do your trick the next time. (if she even invites me next yr lol)
I have been in similar situations before and I can usually get away just asking for a small piece, or just taking one bite to taste and compliment and then no more. I have been real honest with everyone about my weight loss, of course i have more than 10 pounds to loose. And the honesty seems to help, my close friends understand and don't put the extra pressure on me. Her purge technique does seem very unhealthy and is definitely not the way to go.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 AM

Thanks Kat and everyone else that responded this was the first time that someone just floored me by their actions and comments. I guess I needed to let off steam about the situation because it really did bother me, but that was the weekend and today is a brand new day so I will focus on today.

Missy I am so glad you all came out of that ok! Wow I'm surprised as well that no one had any injuries, thanks to the good Lord that he was watching over you.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:53 AM

Thanks Kat and everyone else that responded this was the first time that someone just floored me by their actions and comments. I guess I needed to let off steam about the situation because it really did bother me, but that was the weekend and today is a brand new day so I will focus on today.

Missy I am so glad you all came out of that ok! Wow I'm surprised as well that no one had any injuries, thanks to the good Lord that he was watching over you.
Absolutely Sheila!

Missy
Old 10-03-2011, 08:20 AM

lauriejo, do you have people feeling sorry for you and trying to find something you can eat? I always tell them to look at me - it appears I get plenty to eat and to stop worrying. Gluten is in so many unsuspected places.

Sheila, that's a unhappy friend who can't respect your wishes. As far as the water goes, you can flavor it many ways - when you lose your taste for sugar, just lemon slices are good. I'm drinking Faygo Sparkling water with cherry concentrate added right now. The cherry concentrate is good for so many things like joint health that it's a bonus that it tastes good. A lot of the flavored sparkling waters have artifical sweeteners in them and I don't do any of those. Faygo doesn't.

Missy, how scary! Thank God you weren't hurt. Go for a walk and then work on a quilt while you wait for Cathy. The worst are the flashbacks. I still flinch when a big white pickup comes to an intersection on my right and it's been 8 months since my accident. Hugs to you.

After I realized it was my gallbladder again and started the meds I have here (natural, of course), I feel so much better. The pain in my stomach and abdomen are both gone, as is the vomiting. Just some tenderness left. Now to figure out what I can eat to keep it from returning and to keep me away from the surgeon's office. Fat is in so many things. I feel like I just lost five days of my life. Why is it I don't lose weight when I don't eat from illness? Is it because I don't exercise? We did get another short walk in the late yesterday afternoon, but not 2 miles, for sure.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. Wishing you all a clean eating day.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:32 AM

I'm glad you posted! It not only helped you vent but service to remind me not to push...although I mostly just push food on my very underweight son

:lol:
Old 10-03-2011, 09:29 AM

I am spending time in MY ROOM today, going through the closet. I let go on one outfit that is probably 20 years old and too big but I really have a problem letting go of things that will cover my body. I am not concerned with style, only coverage.
Congrats to our new size 16 wearer.
Thanks for all the encouragement you all share,
Jeannette in NJ