Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-03-2011, 09:40 AM

Did that a couple wks ago & donated clothes & some linens to Salvation Army.I felt if I hadn't worn something in a yr....never would & out it went.Some were nearly unworn & another woman will get some use out of the clothes.Next, I want to go thru the house & toss dust catchers, of which we have way too many.DH keeps too much "stuff....wish me luck. :-D

Originally Posted by Jeannette in NJ
I am spending time in MY ROOM today, going through the closet. I let go on one outfit that is probably 20 years old and too big but I really have a problem letting go of things that will cover my body. I am not concerned with style, only coverage.
Congrats to our new size 16 wearer.
Thanks for all the encouragement you all share,
Jeannette in NJ
Old 10-03-2011, 10:01 AM

OMG! Missy, so grateful you are okay.

For those who "push" food, they are the ones with the problem. You could be blunt and just say, "I don't like that product."

It is time for me to "weed" my closet too. I have too many clothes that are "memories" instead of wardrobe.

I went to lunch with dh and ate only half of my meal. That is a victory in portion control.

Keep on chugging water, folks! It's sooooo good for you.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:02 AM

I need to clean out our closets too this fall now that I'm no longer working I need to get rid of some of my suits, etc and DH's closet really needs purging. One is it with guys that when the stuff they wear has holes in it they don't want to throw it away lol
Old 10-03-2011, 10:19 AM

SheilaH- I'm sorry to hear your friend was pushing food on you. Some people think you can't have fun if you aren't eating a lot of food at a party. Sometimes people don't get that it's an easy road back down to eating junk food or gaining weight. As far as alternatives to water, I drink a lot of unsweetened tea or the Crystal Light stuff that has sugar but only a few calories. I've tried the Special K protein water and it's pretty awful, it has grainy particles in it. LOL

Missy-I'm glad you guys made it ok out of the accident, that's really scary. You definitely had someone watching over you. :-)

Rita's Mom- Welcome back to the challenge this month. :-)

Plainpat-Thanks for the recipe, it actually makes oatmeal sound good. LOL

Glassnquilts-Congratulations on the size 16 pants, that's an awesome goal to hit! That's on my goal list too, I'm dying to get out of shopping in the women's section. I'm a few sizes away from that, but I have hope.

Judi43-Welcome to the challenge. :-)

JHolm-Hope the doctor visit goes well.

Irishrose-Glad to hear that the medicine is helping you feel better again.

Jeannette in NJ- That's awesome that you are cleaning out your closet, I know how hard it is to let go of clothes. I can't wait for when we all have closets full of clothes too big for us that we have to clean out. LOL

I'm trying my best to stick to eating healthy, I'm noticing the energy level difference too. Since I started eating better, I feel better. My new favorite snack is roasted pumpkin seeds instead of my old bad snacks. Hope everyone is drinking plenty of water and having a good day.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:09 AM

What is the secret to getting rid of the "fat clothes". I am afraid that I will need them again and can't part with them like Jeannette. What is the secret
Old 10-03-2011, 11:33 AM

Betty my bigger clothes I just take them put them in a vacuum bag and tuck them away in the bottom of a linen room and that way they are there if my weight goes back up, but for me its out of sight out of mind type situation
Old 10-03-2011, 12:20 PM

I like that . . . only memories instead of wardrobe.

I went to lunch with hubby and only had 1/2 sandwich. I am getting better at being satisfied with a taste and not interested in eating the whole thing.

I haven't tried to wean myself off artificial sweeteners, I use Splenda - is it really bad?
Originally Posted by purplemem
OMG! Missy, so grateful you are okay.

For those who "push" food, they are the ones with the problem. You could be blunt and just say, "I don't like that product."

It is time for me to "weed" my closet too. I have too many clothes that are "memories" instead of wardrobe.

I went to lunch with dh and ate only half of my meal. That is a victory in portion control.

Keep on chugging water, folks! It's sooooo good for you.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:37 PM
mim

Missy I'm so glad you all came thru it OK -- What a shock for you all -- I don't think I could have continued driving home
Mim
Old 10-03-2011, 01:03 PM

Hi everybody!

Got through this doc appt O.K. Went to Senior Luncheon at church with a friend. I only ate part of what they served and none of the desert so I felt I did pretty good. I still might be over my calorie limit for the day.

Missy, Thank God no one was hurt in the accident. Things like that happen so quickly that you just don't see it coming. As for your schizophenia take it one minute at a time - just keep taking deep breaths and know that God can get you through this, Kathy will be with you soon. Know my prayers are with you. Just make sure you don't forget your meds.

It sure is good to see all the new people posting and bringing in new topics. As for me I hardly ever clean my closet. Not because I'm afraid I'll gain my weight back (I did get rid of my womans size clothes) but it's just a job I hate doing. I'm terrible, I hate cleaning the house to. I wish I could afford a live in maid.

I drink Propel which is a flavored nutrient enhanced enhanced 0 cal water that my physical therapist recommended. It's the only water that I can stand to drink lots of.

My MIL used to try to push food at me. She was old school and was sure I was going to get sick if I didn't eat more. I just told her that I couldn't eat any more, that I was under doc care and if I wasn't eating enough he would let me know. I just tell people I can't eat certain foods without getting sick and thats it. I don't care what they think about me.

Welcome all, again it's great to have new people on the thread and welcome back to those of you who have come back to us.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:15 PM

Here is our list of participants.

1.Purplemem
2.Meanmom
3.JHolm
4.Createfourpaws
5.Leann
6.Beachbound
7.Lauriejo
8.Mim
9.Mythreesuns
10.Marscrafter
11.Nancia
12.Sheila_H
13.Pam H
14.Podunk Princess
15.Xylie55
16.Demshine
17. NanaDInkel
18. Grandma she she
19. conniebrooks
20. reisingranch
21. jarenie
22. Murphy1
23. katvert
24. glassnquilts
25. bettyanne14
26. candyce
27. irishrose
28. jlwheart
29. Gelswood
30. bjeriann
31. crazy_quilter
32. Jeannette in NJ
33. oldcottontop
34. tussymussy
35. quilthappygail
36. BettyKay
37. judi_lynne
38. marytoddliz
39. amBoo
40. sewlisa
41. Rita's mom
42. judi43
43. Country1

Please lemme know if I have left your name off our list. And my apologies.