Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-03-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Well...

Yesterday we headed back home from Colorado. My stepdad was driving his car and we were in my mom's car. My stepdad came three days after we did so that is why we had two cars.

When we got about half-way through Wyoming my stepdad fell asleep while driving. He hit us and then spun out into the opposite side of the freeway's ditch. Some how he did not hit anyone on the other side of the freeway. While travelling through the ditch he was able to regain control of his car and got back on the correct side of the freeway.

I called 911 and had no cell coveraged but the sherrif's department was able to get a signal from my phone and was able to use GPS to locate us.

Two sherrif's deputies and one state trooper came to help us.

Wes (my stepdad) was able to get the parts that were dangling off of my mom's car and his so that we could get home.

I do not know how no one was hurt. I do not know how our vehicles were drivable.

We were safely in God's hands during the crash. No question about that.

I am still in a state of shock. When things like this happen my schizophrenia goes bezerk. So, I am trying very hard to regain control of my thoughts. I have been doing so well mentally that I do not want to risk losing that. I am just going to keep on keeping on.

When Cathie heard that we had had a crash she decided that she would leave to come here today. I am so glad my honey will be here. I really need her.

I thank God every moment for how he protected us and kept us safe.

Missy
Oh my! Thank God for answered prayers. So glad that everyone is safe. Rattled maybe.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:15 PM

This has been one crazy day. Took Josh to the dentist first thing, waited, waited, finally was informed they had an electrical problem. After 90 minutes, the building was evacuated because of an electrical fire. Thirty minutes later, they decided we needed to move to an adjacent building because power would not be restored for at least 2 hours. We left and I dropped him off at school with only a phone number to call the clinician to verify my crazy story so that Josh would be excused. Still waiting for them to call & reschedule.

Add this to yesterday morning when DH went to Walgreens before church only to learn the starter on the car was dragging. So, no church and we have to have this taken care of since I was driving into town with Josh today. We are not happy - our Rogue is 2 years old. What a crappy battery - then we had sticker shock. Battery was at least twice the price of the last one we bought. Happened on a Sunday so we couldn't wait for the dealership to be open.

In all, God is good to us and we have money to pay bills and emergencies.

Judy, glad that you feel a bit better today.

My eating is ok, a little lite I think. Would kill for a DP. It cures sinus headaches.

Off to call my mom who probably thinks I've fallen off the planet.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:15 PM

I don't like to get rid of my old clothes that I like. It's amazing how wearable they are. The dress I pulled out for my GD's wedding this Summer was at least 11 years old. I got rid of my women's size pants when I lost weight several years ago. Then I gained part of it back, but not back to that size. I'm hoping my participation here keeps it off this time. My goal would to be to get my wardrobe down to one walk in closet. Funny I managed with half a WI closet for many years and I had plenty to wear and now I don't need work clothes or many party clothes.

MJ, congrats on saving half your lunch. I'm ready to start eating, but having trouble of thinking of no/low fat food. Low, I can handle, but no fat or super low?? That's a problem. Might be easier to get the gall bladder out, but my middle daughter has so much trouble, I'm leary.

I am a compulsive overeater, so I am not one to take portion control advice from, but I had a good friend who tried to teach me to eat three bites of any yummy food. She truly felt that after the first three bites, it all tasted the same, so why bother. It worked for her and has probably helped to limit me to one serving, which is a improvement over what I'm capable of. Lord, how I miss her. She's only an hour away now, but it's just not convenient to get together very often.

Lynne, try the sparking water and some concentrated fruit juice. I wonder if pomenganate would taste similar to your DP. Glad you left the dentist office. I wouldn't want to be in the chair when there were electrical problems.

Dancing w/the Stars is on in 40 minutes, so I need to get Cheech and Chong out, after I drink a large glass of water, of course.

Wishing you all a healthy eating evening - for some of us after 8:00 p.m. is a food plan killer. If you need a snack, plan for it - don't let it sneak up on you.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:12 PM

Hello Ladies,
First I want to thank each and every one of you for all your prayers and positive thoughts. It looks like I will be heading home tomorrow. I am grateful to be heading home.

My little Lucy doesnt know wyat to think about be being g0ne si fae, I have a luncancr and has a goood chance iof ut ti be completely they got every thing.

I will update you all tomorrow,
Old 10-03-2011, 04:29 PM

Hello, Cindy. It's good to hear from you. Isn't it amazing how soon you can leave the hospital these days? More prayers are being offered for good news tomorrow and a uneventful, complete healing. Lucy wil be glad to have to home to snuggle with.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:30 PM

i'm enjoying all the closet talk! a couple or 3 years ago, before the great illness, i had lost 40 lbs on ww and had all new clothes. so i gave away anything and everything, except one blouse(silk and very beautiful), that was too big! and of course, i had been buying all new stuff. i am a clothes horse, have i mentioned? i do everything 200% or don't bother. anyway, the stress of a home flood, job down sizing, and my husband's pancreatic cancer was enough to pack the lbs back on and invite their friends. so, the thing is-- i have all the clothes from my short foray into thinnerness and now i go 'shopping in my closet' and it's cheap- as in, already paid for. so, go ahead and give 'em away! new is fun! so is thinner!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
Hello Ladies,
First I want to thank each and every one of you for all your prayers and positive thoughts. It looks like I will be heading home tomorrow. I am grateful to be heading home.

My little Lucy doesnt know wyat to think about be being g0ne si fae, I have a luncancr and has a goood chance iof ut ti be completely they got every thing.

I will update you all tomorrow,
Cindy, so glad to get an update from you. I know you have to be looking forward to going home. I pray a speedy recovery for you!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
i'm enjoying all the closet talk! a couple or 3 years ago, before the great illness, i had lost 40 lbs on ww and had all new clothes. so i gave away anything and everything, except one blouse(silk and very beautiful), that was too big! and of course, i had been buying all new stuff. i am a clothes horse, have i mentioned? i do everything 200% or don't bother. anyway, the stress of a home flood, job down sizing, and my husband's pancreatic cancer was enough to pack the lbs back on and invite their friends. so, the thing is-- i have all the clothes from my short foray into thinnerness and now i go 'shopping in my closet' and it's cheap- as in, already paid for. so, go ahead and give 'em away! new is fun! so is thinner!
I love your word - thinnerness! Like you, I have plenty of clothes to wear. And I WILL get rid of things that are too big. My biggest flaw is sweats. Moving out of things with elastic (was my biggest size) has been so freeing.

I'll have to buy me some long johns to wear under my jeans. I don't think it would look very nice to wear sweats over my jeans.

My drugs are taking effect, so off to bed I go. Will this stuff ever leave my body? I don't see the doctor again until next week. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 PM

Wow, you all are the greatest.
I had some apples that were starting to rot so pealed, cut and microwaved until soft. Added about 1/4 C of raisins for sweetness. A half cup will be my evening snack for the next few evenings. Yummy! Jeannette in NJ
Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 PM

For some reason I am not getting notices anymore for this thread. Maybe this post will get it going again. Really had to play catch-up!
Missy, I'm so glad you and your family were not hurt in the accident.
Night time is my bad time for snacking. I'm trying hard to do no carbs at night. Last night I was dying for a cookie but I didn't eat one, so yea!