Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What kind of drinker are you? >

What kind of drinker are you?

What kind of drinker are you?

Old 10-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

The nitrates in wine cause an allergic response with me. Don't really like alcohol and would be happier with a soda. I do admit to be a Tetley Tea addict. Tea in the morning, tea at noon and several more cups by the evening. It's the only thing that keeps my allergy hair ball (that nasty thick mucus in the throat) from choking me. Now isn't that a pleasant thought. Yuck!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:18 AM

It's coffee 1st thing in the morning, sweet southern iced tea the rest of the day and on special occasions - an unbrella drink!!! The 1st free motion quilt class I took the teacher suggested a glass of wine before practicing FMQ. I'm not sure if it was to loosen you up or you would not be so critical of your work!!! haha
Old 10-04-2011, 08:40 AM

I tend to stick with herbal teas, a cup of latte each morning, and water. Though I love my wine (preferably white) and a good Cosmopolitan just makes me happy!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:57 AM

Cup of black coffee in the morning. Then through the day
water with a tiny bit of lemon..no sugar. Sometimes in the
afternoon or evening a plain old Coke. Lots of time a cup of hot tea before I go to bed. No alcohol.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:03 AM

Now that is cute. I am what they call a cheap drunk. Half a glass of white wine and I am done for. A beer??? No...really have a headache then. And real liquor.....just the smell would put me to sleep.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Decaf coffee, diet coke, decaf coffee, A & W root beer, decaf coffee, hot cocoa, and did I say decaf coffee?

Labels on my meds say, No alcohol consumption.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 AM

Lipton Decaff Hot tea and Ice Tea, decaff diet coke. Occasional glass of wine, would never miss it if never had it again. Sometimes in summer when it is hot and we go out to dinner, a pina colada....but could also pass on that.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:20 AM

I am addicted to iced tea..with no sugar just a nice slice of lemon in it...my DH makes our tea fresh brewed most every day. I used to drink close to a 6 pack of pepsi a day...my old stomach can't handle soda anymore...I don't drink alchol at all and haven't had a marlboro in 27 years!! crafty_linda_b
Old 10-04-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by svenskaflicka1
i grew up in a teetotalling household when i was a kid. it never became a part of my life habits. now that i'm old, i have found that i love mead. i purchase it, put it in the basement in a rack, and forget that i have it. a "flood" recently required a cleaning and reorganizing. i found about 20 bottles of mead in the basement that i've accumulated over the years...and forgotten to drink. so, i told my kids that when i turn 65, i'm going to start drinking. when i'm 85 i'll take up smoking. and when i'm 95, i'll smoke a joint. maybe. i still have a couple of years before i "have" to drink the mead. it should be nice and mellow by the time a get to it. if i remember...
Now you are one thinking along my lines, what can it hurt. I am also following the same thoughts. Even with getting tattoos. Had always wanted one but didn't like idea of them sagging or losing their color so waited till was older. Just turned 60 and my artist is working on my design to add to my hummingbird. I plan on getting a new one each decade from here on in. Even thinking that when I get to about 80 (if still around) will have a DNR added to my wrist. Now as for drinks I have my glass of red wine (good for ya) a couple times a week. Margaritas in the summer and Bailys in the winter. So relaxing.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 AM

I'm a huge drinker, coffee and water that is.