Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Kindle Quilting Magazines >

Kindle Quilting Magazines

Kindle Quilting Magazines

Old 10-04-2011, 11:22 AM

Amazon.com has Quilter's Newsletter & Quilt magazine. When you click on the magazine, on the left side, is "Tell the publisher you"d like to read this on Kindle." If enough people click on that option we may have a chance to get it on Kindle. Can't hurt to try. Even Wal-Mart responded to requests to return fabric Dept.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by echoemb
Originally Posted by sparkys_mom
I have resisted buying a Kindle b/c I don't read too much anymore. I listen to audio books while I quilt and keep another in the car. However, if I could get my magazines on a Kindle, I would buy one in a heartbeat. It would be so wonderful to eliminate all that clutter!!!

I hear you about the clutter. I currently have at least 10 boxes of old magazines. going to go thru them and see about getting rid of them, might try on this board.
would be interested in your old magazines...should be able to ship Media Mail....think of what you would want for the mags, what titles do you have ????
Old 10-04-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees
Originally Posted by echoemb
Originally Posted by sparkys_mom
I have resisted buying a Kindle b/c I don't read too much anymore. I listen to audio books while I quilt and keep another in the car. However, if I could get my magazines on a Kindle, I would buy one in a heartbeat. It would be so wonderful to eliminate all that clutter!!!

I hear you about the clutter. I currently have at least 10 boxes of old magazines. going to go thru them and see about getting rid of them, might try on this board.
would be interested in your old magazines...should be able to ship Media Mail....think of what you would want for the mags, what titles do you have ????
I have tons of them and many titles. They are at another house and in the next month or two I will be bringing them to my house and get them sorted out..Why don't you send me a PM and I can let you know when I'm ready if you are interested.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:37 AM

That's a picture of my godpuppy, Joy. She is a Shiba Inu and belongs to my best friend's husband.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by merry
Amazon.com has Quilter's Newsletter & Quilt magazine. When you click on the magazine, on the left side, is "Tell the publisher you"d like to read this on Kindle." If enough people click on that option we may have a chance to get it on Kindle. Can't hurt to try. Even Wal-Mart responded to requests to return fabric Dept.
Yea, but as stated above, Kindle doesn't give you the option of printing anything you need from that magazine. EVen when you read from your computer with the Kindle app you can't print anything.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:05 PM

I think I'd actually enjoy cooking magazines more than the quilting ones. I do scan things sometimes, but it is a nuisance. Last year, I threw away five years of Cooking LIght mags.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:10 PM

I know that i can send a pdf to my kindle and read it there
How about my scanned quilting mags convert to pdf too?
I have the smaller kindle
Old 10-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Power Poster

I preordered the Kindle Fire. Anything that has to do with books and quilting I want it.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:30 PM

You do not NEED a Kindle to have digital quilt magazines. I receive and read my Fons and Porter Love of Quilting on my 'regular computer' thru my email. Can read, re-read, put a bookmark on a page and down load PRINT, any page I want. NO Kindle required.....jus a digital subscription to the magazine......
Old 10-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

I have had too many computers fail so I would really think TWICE about collecting too many mags on any device. I STILL live in the dark ages with dial up internet service. UGH !!! Lucky all of you !!! If the one with the most toys win, I would definitely come in dead last !!! ENJOY your toys...... :lol: