Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-05-2011, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
Hi everyone. I had my sister and her family visiting for little over a week. She is a master chef. Boy did she do some very healthy cooking. She had gastric bypass 18 mos. ago and has lost over 160 lbs. We talked alot about her food plan. She said it was all portion control now. When she cooks she doesn't measure things, she just know how much to put in. The only thing she measures is what goes on her plate. She is going to write out some of the stuff she made here and I will post them. I have lost 3lbs while she was here.
Positive thoughts out to everyone.
That is exactly what I have to do at meals. One of the best things I have bought for my journey was a child's divided plate. Seriously worth every penny!

Missy
Old 10-05-2011, 10:05 PM

Congratulations, MissyGirl, on that fantastic change in bra sizes. I'll bet you were dancing all over the store. :)
I got on here too late to join for October but I'll be following along.
I'm still having trouble drinking enough water so I think I'll put a large container right beside me so I'll keep at it.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:36 PM

That's terrific MissyGirl! I've had to get new bra too. I had a size 50 with 2 extenders and now in 46 without extenders. My goal today was to get into the therapy pool but body didn't cooperate and had to take a down day. My goal is to get there Thurs. am. The best thing about losing weight is having more stamina. Even though I've got to take down days, they're getting fewer and farther apart. I'm so encouraged by everyone posting. Thank you all.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:38 PM

It surprises me how many people have a problem drinking the water. I always have a glass of water on hand. If I go an hour without water I can't stand it. Too bad that's the only thing I am good about. Food and exercise not so much.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:52 AM

wow, i'm not as organized as lynne, so i know i will forget to comment on someone who deserves a comment, but what i heard loud and clear was "i'm losing and it's because of the support'. and xylie is back on the roof 8). congrats to you losers!!i have no idea what my weight is doing, i keep forgetting to get batteries(avoidance and sub-consciously don't want to)but i did go shopping at marshal's. i wanted jeans. i've been wearing my son's old ones and the inner thigh gave way. i hate the feel of a patch on my delicate thigh skin, but i hate to give them up, they just feel so good! i will go to old navy or macy's for levi's. i have a favorite levi style, but i hate to pay the price until thet are my everyday skinny jeans. i did buy three holiday presents and a new purse. my favorite designer had one on clearance and it was about 75% off. whether i can really afford it or not, i can't walk away from that kind of discount! there are only 2 brands i care about and not for the name but for the quality--you know it's going to be good. i had my flu shot yesterday and today a hard tender knot on my arm. pout. and i feel like poop, but that may be from be-bopping too much. i also stopped by to see my puppy.cooper is a viszla and i was his nanny when he was little, and then big. he and monkey used to play at work. he has a whitening muzzle, but is still a handsome champion. i walked in and he went WILD! my other little puppy friend, calvin (westie) was there, too, and he did not like sharing me. he and kitten are very close. i got home and was mobbed by the 2 cockers. i swear i have gone to the dogs! 8)makes me feel very loved and very slippery- the amount of kisses was astounding! lol anyway, with all that my fibro kicked up and i just wanted to crumple under the bed. perhaps, it is also from the flu shot. i will start today with a positive attitude and hope my body agrees. and that's the story. how was your day?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:08 AM

lynne-- will you be my mentor and walk me thru the construction of a bargello? it is gorgeous. i love when we post pics!
mj- yay you!
missy- you gone girl!
lets all keep doing what we're doing! if it works, it works!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:08 AM

I haven't been to bed yet, too much anxiety about tomorrow. My girlhood friend is coming to be with me tomorrow and is spending the night. I am delighted that she cares enough to drive 150 miles each way. Even though my dh will be here, it feels good to have a friend here too.

My chihuahua, Lulu, just came climbing in my lap. She cried and cried (what she does when we are gone) because I did not sleep with her and dh last night. I will go to bed in a few minutes and sleep a while.

I am now covered in puppy kisses and it is nice!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:29 AM

Hi everyone. I never got back to the thread yesterday. Beautiful quilts ladies. Thanks for the pattern of thr Carpenter Star.

So many people on the thread I 'm not good at keeping up so I I miss someone please forgive me.

Pam, I'm glad for you that Kelsey is coming home. They come and go so fast don't they.

Missy, you go girl! Congratulations on you new size. I hope you not like me. When I lost my 133 lbs I swear that's where I lost most of it. LOL

MJ, my prayers are with you for your test. It's good that your friend can be with you as well as you DH. God Bless.

nancia, hope your mri went well, when do you get the results? And contrary to popular believe I'm sure they will find a brain. They found one last week when I had my EEG and if I have one I know you have one.

I got back to water aerobics yesterday -it felt good to be exercising again. Right now I'm pushing water because I have to be at the clinic for a fasting blood test and urine test at 7 a.m. That means no coffee but she said I could have water. Don't have a clur what they are looking for this time but I think it's probably my six month diabetic check up that include cholesterol, kidney function etc. I'm sure when I go to see the doc for the results he'll schedule a mammogrm because it's been a year and I get one every Oct.

Xylie, I see you're up on the roof again. How much more to you have to do up there. I worry about you up there.

Hope I got everyone but I just know I missed some. Anyway have a good day everyone.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:01 AM

Puplemem, thanks for the reminder to vary texture. Good Hint.

I try to eat most salad without dressing. Lots of romaine lettuce and some carrots mostly. When doing WW I did a lot of tomatoe juice with lemon and herbs to season.

Remembered to take out a chicken cutlet to thaw for dinner tonight so I have less of an excuse to make a bad choice.

Smiles to all,
Jeannette in NJ
Old 10-06-2011, 07:23 AM

Wow Misssy... that is totally awesome!!! I so need to get motivated....
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Hey guys! I need to apologize to the group. I have not been as supportive as I have been in the past. I have not gotten any email from here in many days. So, I changed my email address and hopefully that will do the trick.

I am a shrinking woman! I have been walking a mile a day in the swimming pool. My clothes, jackets, even shoes are falling off of me. Thank goodness I ordered 8 new shirts this last week!

I have to say that the day I finially realized what was shrinking on my body totally shocked me. For example, I started out this journey wearing a 58GG bra then down to a 54GG. My mom told me last week that I needed to get a new bra. I was nervous because I HATE going to try on clothes knowing they won't fit and that embarrasses and upsets me, so I just don't do it. Well I did try on some bras and ended up with a 44 (sports bra). That is literally HUGE for me! I have not been that size in more than 20 years! Wowzers!

Everything else is going okay. I am stil in pain since the car accident. That will pass I am sure.

I feel like I am rambling...LOL! So, I will end this and hope all is well with everyone!!

Missy