Winter arrived here today

Old 10-07-2011, 03:39 AM

We had a sprinkling of it here in Nova Scotia yesterday. Big frost this am.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 AM
Banned

I wish we would get some of that, its still in the 80's and 90's here in Tennessee.

Billy
Old 10-07-2011, 03:57 AM

We had a little bit of snow here in Prince Edward Island yesterday and this morning. Nothing stayed on the ground, though. Today and tomorrow the temperatures are supposed to be in the 70's. Time to start thinking about Florida.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:12 AM

The rain has been real cold here, but we have not had the snow yet. We already picked our garden except the carrots which will be fine outside for now, betther than fridge. I wanted to get it tilled before winter really hit, but the weather has been to wet. Can sure feel the cold coming. My house was a high 66 the other day so had to turn the heat on for the girls. Not ready for the cold, I like the heat, but what you going to do when you live up north of the country.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:35 AM

it is raining here and snow above 6000 feet my favorite time of year seems so relaxing after the hectic summer I can now use my oven and best of all soup time anyway just my favorite season and my favorite days are watching the snow come down
Old 10-07-2011, 05:36 AM

It was a beautiful 67° in the Arkansas Ozarks when I woke up this morning. Coffee on the deck in shorts.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:59 AM

84' in Minnesota today. And it's October! I'll take it.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:29 AM

We have highs in the low 80's and lows in the high 60's.... we don't usually get any snow in Georgia until at least January.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Aully
Well it has been raining all week but now today the snow started with it. There have been so many accidents on the roads today.

I am ready to put my heated duvet back on the bed I think, I have a heated couch blanket too that has been out for a few weeks now. lol!

I better get my winter quilts done. lol!

Any snow anywhere else besides Calgary Alberta?
Rain? What is rain? Cool weather? For we who are in Texas, 86 is cool! It will be about that temp when the high school football game begins tonight. Snow? Sometime in December or January and although I hate snow, any moisture from any source except hail will be welcome. froggyintexas
Old 10-07-2011, 06:33 AM

It been very cool in the mornings now, and the cars have been dripping with heavy morning dews. I love it. You all can keep the snow, thanks. We consider snow to be a real four letter words. I had enough to last me a lifetime when I lived up in Missouri, and did my little refresher course in 2009.

The pups and I slept under my raggedy quilt, with just the fan going. Our ac is still on, but I don't think it is kicking on during the night. I can't stand to not have air moving, so the fans go all the time.

I enjoy this time of the year. Hardly ever rains, temps seldom ever get below freezing, our winter wear is usually sweaters....and we have the most beautiful colors growing all around. Ah...Florida fall and winter.

Happen to think, and then laughed. My son bought me an electric blanket while up north, and I use it when it does get cold down here. My four doxies love it, and all four know how to turn the heat up on it...and they do, lol.