Overcoming Problems?

Old 10-07-2011, 07:08 AM

oh you ladies have WONDERFUL comments! tHANK YOU so much for answering - one does not like being the "lone stranger"I MUST remember.....I AM in charge, I AM in charge" My mother, bless her heart, instilled in me to PLEASE the other person first, be accomodating to others before ourselves.....has it really been this many years of trying to shed that way of thinking.....
Old 10-07-2011, 07:10 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

I kick myself for not wearing my apron.. carries my two phones so when I am sitting, I don't have to hurry.

Have broken my foot and rebroke it as it was healing hurrying.

Yep.. this is the way of phone calls to sweep a chimney I don't have, to refinance my house I don't want, and the MAN at the door to sell me magazines.

Ha ha.. love your post ! :)

Ell
Old 10-07-2011, 07:24 AM

I feel your frustrations. I have an unlisted phone number so I very rarely get telemarketer calls anymore unless they are computer generated. Well worth the fee the phone co. charges. Also I live alone and work from home. I get a lot of door to door salesmen, politicians, and kids doing fundraisers. I do not answer the door unless I am expecting someone. I have instructed my friends and neighbors to call first or come to my back door.
The police officer who came to my door at 3:00 am did not appreciate this however and just kept banging on the door.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:28 AM

for a TON of laughs and suggestions, go to youtube.com and do a search for telemarketers.....WARNING tho - there are alot and you should get a cup of coffee, use the bathroom because you will be there for quite a while.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:37 AM
j

I never run for the phone, I figure if it is an emergency they will call back. Or they can leave a message. If I see who is calling and it isnot a friend or family, I let it go to the answering machine. Besides pretty soon it will be a lot of political calls. - J
Old 10-07-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lindsey
If that dang company calls from citi bank to tell me its my last chance to lower my interest I am going to scream.. I have had so many last chances its not funny. I keep telling them to take me off my list but they keep calling. Sunday they called me seven times..seven.. geez
I get calls from them too. I don't care about the interest rate; I pay off my card every month. And they can't even use a real person to make those calls --so that we can yell at them.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 AM

That was so funny. I wish I could think on my feet like that man did, maybe it would stop some of the telemarketers from calling.

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zspP13zYh8

ahhhhhhhhhhh ya gotta hear this!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:01 AM

You have an answering machine for a REASON! Use it! When you're relaxing and reading, and especially when the pets are snuggly, let the answering machine pick up. It's taken a long time for me to realize that the phone is for MY convenience, not someone else's!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:12 AM

Yes, Yes, Yes!! I just went to the national do not call list this morning. Somewhere on the internet, someone has gotten my info and phone# and have sold it to all kinds of telemarketers. Up to 6 calls a day and it is driving me crazy!! The govt site said it would take 31 days for all of it to stop including recorded calls.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:19 AM

No, you are definitely not alone, sister!! Thank God for 'call identification'. I love it.

I thought the 'no call list' was supposed to solve this but apparently the government officials who once cared about that are too busy spending our money on failed businesses, LOL.