Brings tears to my eyes

Old 10-07-2011, 01:10 PM

Glad to have helped you with your troubles, and know that we are here for you no matter what.
Think of the little engine that could....

I think I can ... I know I can ... I made it ..
Old 10-07-2011, 01:18 PM

I am so happy for you! You are a strong and courageous woman! I had to leave a 17yr marriage with 4 children in tow. It took many years before I began to feel like a worthy human being again. That was 16yrs ago. I returned to school and earned a degree and got involved in community volunteering. I discovered that people appreciated me for who I am. Then I found the job I have been in for over 12yrs, earning promotions.
YES you can!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:47 PM

You are strong and brave. Your life will get better and better. Take care of your inner self first and all the rest will fall into place for you. Don't be bitter, close that door on that sad times, wipe your feet and take new steps to a happier life. You are in my prayers. Big hugs,
Old 10-07-2011, 01:59 PM

I am so glad you are healing and finding your worth! Keep close to God and
He will get you through the tough moments. Quilting and the board will
also help. Do you have a quilt group near you where you could meet some new
people and get out?
Old 10-07-2011, 02:19 PM

Where you were and where you are...miles apart. There are really 2 kinds of people. #1 is a basement person....they take from us....they give negative. They are the ones who will tell you, "You can't, You shouldn't, Why are you doing that?" #2 is a balcony person.....these are the ones who encourage us, cheer us on....they give positive energy, they give suggestions, but never get upset if we chose another path, they love us inspite of our faults. They help us discover who we are and who we want to be. We all have a choice......basement or balcony people to surround our selves with AND we all have a choice about which one we will be. It is a choice. I think you have already made the choice, because you are growing taller and stronger already. Keep up the good work....YOU CAN DO IT no matter what it is.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:53 PM

Sending a Big Hug your way! You can do anything you set your mind too. Mental abuse doesn't leave marks that others can see, but it takes away your inner strength, I am glad you got out and are finding yourself...Hang in there, you are on the right path...
Old 10-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Congratulations on taking that step and double congratulations for having the courage to do so. Nine years ago I finally got the courage to end a 27-year marriage filled with verbal and emotional abuse. You will have good days and bad days as you go through the process, but if I can give you one thing to focus on, it is "peace". It is the feeling of being able to be in your home and be at peace with yourself. It's a wonderful feeling.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:01 PM

I have found the same support and encouragement. This has replaced my FaceBook time. I like the honesty and true carring I feel here. I stayed in a marriage for 25 years because of the kids. They grew up and I ran away from home. I have never looked back.

Enjoy life!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:19 PM

Good for you taking control and removing yourself from a bad situation! Stay strong!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:16 PM

Sent you a PM. God Bless.