I WANT TO GO ON A RETREAT!!!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by mamagee
There is a Quilter's Retreat in Mountain View, AR scheduled February 16-18, 2012. Just saw it on the Arkansas Calendar of Events. The admission is $225 based on double occupancy. It will depend on what the weather is like before I make up my mind to go. It's only about an hour's drive away from me but it is all hilly and curvy and that is no fun when there is ice on those roads. The phone number to call is 870-269-3851.
I think I saw that one too.
You're right about the roads. February is just such a yucky (usually) month. It would probably be great to get out & doing some quilting in that kind of a month - but not if the roads are bad.
I'm still thinking April will be a good time. :-D
Old 10-07-2011, 08:46 PM

I would be interested if the timming is right please post more when you have decided for sure
Old 10-07-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by sassey
I would be interested if the timming is right please post more when you have decided for sure
I will post when there are some final things. It's all up in the air right now.
I wish I could do this RIGHT NOW! But it's looking more & more like early April of next year.
If this would work for more people, let me know.
I'm gonna try to keep the cost to between $150 & $200. But if it costs that much, I want someone else to be cooking for me! LOL
Old 10-07-2011, 09:59 PM

This sounds like a great idea. I wish all of us in Northern California would get together to do the same Come On Out Californians lets have a retreat...
Old 10-08-2011, 06:42 PM

Check with a local church (my parents go to the Presbyterian one in Mountain View, I think!) You may be able to use the social hall free if a member is involved, or at least for a nominal fee if no member. That would give you a large room with plenty of tables, chairs, electric and probably a kitchen! Just an idea for you...
Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ragann63
Check with a local church (my parents go to the Presbyterian one in Mountain View, I think!) You may be able to use the social hall free if a member is involved, or at least for a nominal fee if no member. That would give you a large room with plenty of tables, chairs, electric and probably a kitchen! Just an idea for you...
Mountain View AR or Mountain View MO?
That would be a good idea but the thing with retreats is that you want to be able to leave your stuff out on the tables & scattered around on the walls, etc. I just don't think I would want to leave my stuff out -- in a church or elsewhere. Maybe I'm just strange :roll:
Here's a place I've been in touch with about their facilities: http://shadylanecabins.com
the cabins look good & not too expensive, the motel is good too. I just don't know if they have a room that would suit us for sewing in. I will let you know what I find out.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:54 AM

ha - it IS confusing around here - there is Mountain Home in Arkansas as well as Missouri, and Mountain View in Arkansas and Missouri. We have lived here for 10 years and I STILL get them mixed up.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:32 AM

I have an opportunity today to go to check out the shadylanecabins.com. They are in Eminence MO. And have very reasonable prices.
The owner emailed me back & said they don't have a conference room for us to set up in but they may have something that would work for us. I'm going to see what he's talking about.
I'm looking again at the first week/weekend of November. I would like for a few of you to come with me.
Check it out & let me know what you think.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:36 AM

here's a map of where it is located
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-268312.jpe
Views:	83
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	268365  
Old 10-09-2011, 01:49 PM

OK, ladies. I need to know if anyone wants to & can come to a retreat the first week of November.
I'm thinking Thursday, Friday & Saturday for sure & we can go till Sunday if you want to.
The large cabins are $99 a night. If we have 4 of us it would be $25 each per night. If we have 6, that would be $16 each per night.
There's a kitchen in each cabin where we could heat up a pizza or soup, grilled cheese sandwiches -- something simple.
The place is beautiful! Right on the river.
I drove through it awhile ago but didn't get to speak to the owner/manager. I'll call him & go back to look at the facilities that he thinks would work for us.
PM me if you can come to this.
If we went through Sunday at noon, we could drive down to Batesville to go to Marshall's Dry Goods on that Friday. There's also a quilt shop in Birch Tree(I haven't been but it sounds good) & one in Mountain View MO. There's also a Gammill Longarm quilting machine store in West Plains.
Let's see if we can get at least 4 of us who can go & it wouldn't be very expensive at all.