Conrad Murry trial

Old 10-08-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
DJRustic - Get her some earphones and an extension cable. Sure, you'll have a cable running across the floor, but isn't some quiet worth it?
we tried that with my 96 year old FIL and he wouldn't use them. Good luck.

I hate tv also. Especillly the news. Also on the news what is it with the weather being on every 5 minutes telling us over and over what the weather is going to be. Do they think we are kindergartners and need to be told over and over every night.!!!!!
Thats why I love the forum and also I knit a lot while tv is on. At least I accommplish something at the end of the night. LOL
Old 10-08-2011, 08:08 PM

Perhaps what should be even more sad is his childhood at the hands of an abusive father obcessed with fame and fortune through his children and a mother who did not stop it. Perhaps what should be considered now are the children he left behind in his drug abuse who are in a haunting existance of trying to be someone they are not. Perhaps it is time to turn it all off and help these children find a normal life out of the spotlight. They live in a disfuntional family and are placed on pedistals that they can not reject if nothing other then by their bizzar names. Why glorify the disfuntion and destruction that brought fame to someone who was abused to create such an icon? Why force the children to suffer the same fate? Why- because people can't get enough of others lives no matter what the cost to them
Old 10-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Power Poster

if i land on a channel showing this trial, i just change the channel. didn't watch much of the Casey A one either, but did some.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:36 PM

Do you gals have TV with no "off" button? :) If you don't like it for goodness sakes, don't watch it!!
I don't turn mine on, don't watch the news and don't listen to the talk radio. I listen to easy listening music and sew. Or, I read the QB and look at quilts.
Love you all!!! :)
Old 10-08-2011, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Linda-in-iowa
I couldn't believe that his lifeless body was shown on tv. Does the family need to see that? Does he not deserve some dignity?
If that wasn't bad enough - about about on the front of the rag paper in the check out lines at the grocery store.

I'm a retired RN and found it disgusting, imagine those who have never seen a body on a gurney. And left in the hallway? Great job! Photo op everyone! Pathetic.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:19 PM

Yes! I like John Stewart too. I think I have overdosed on news. It is better to get the news on your computer, that way you select what you want to know about and not have it repeated every 30 minutes to up date those just tuning in.
Originally Posted by reeskylr
I agree. News is so depressing. Every time it is turned on here, which we get Portland Oregon news, it is someone having been shot, run over or whatever. I get sick of it too.

I like Jon Stewart though, at least he makes fun of the inconsistant news reporters. ;)
Old 10-09-2011, 05:19 AM

I love all of your replys. I only wish I could do any one of them. 1.) She would not wear head phones, she has hearing aids 2.) She wouldn't stay in her room, feels isolated 3.) She walks on a walker around in the house (we use wheelchair when out) so she can,t walk around in the yd.
She basically just sits in her chair all day long. Try to get her to come out on the porch ( we have a wrap around she could walk on, but no, it is too windy , sunny, or some stupid reason. I now take her to water therapy 3 times a week, but she isn't even trying to exercise here at home.
With all of this I am ready to run away from home.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:30 AM

I forgot to say one show my Mom likes is Jerry Springer, Baggage. I hate this sex show. I have told her many times that I will not allow this on in my house. She has finally gotten the message in the last few weeks.
I never would let my children watch the Three Stooges. When one of our sons finally got married & moved out he rented the Three Stooges & called me & said you were right Mom they aren't worth watching. He just had to see what he thought he had missed growing up. LOL
Old 10-09-2011, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by DJRustic
I love all of your replys. I only wish I could do any one of them. 1.) She would not wear head phones, she has hearing aids 2.) She wouldn't stay in her room, feels isolated 3.) She walks on a walker around in the house (we use wheelchair when out) so she can,t walk around in the yd.
She basically just sits in her chair all day long. Try to get her to come out on the porch ( we have a wrap around she could walk on, but no, it is too windy , sunny, or some stupid reason. I now take her to water therapy 3 times a week, but she isn't even trying to exercise here at home.
With all of this I am ready to run away from home.
Good idea. Run away from home.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by mcar
Constant repetition of news items to me turn in to gossip. I am disappointed with so called professionals who turn into gossips, like repeating information over the garden fence.
When I was younger(40s) I never read the newspaper till evening in order to escape a depressing day. When I studied photography the most pathetic scene of a woman in a nursing home would be considered "art", the photo I made of an elegant, elderly, Christian Arab woman in her lovely costume and holding her bible as a portait, did not cut it.
oh, do you still have the photo? I would love to see it, I love photography, love to take pictures, but of scenes, land/sea scapes. I'm not good at portraits - people always look too stiff, I like a more natural look even if its posed. sharet