Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many UFO's? >

How many UFO's?

How many UFO's?

Old 10-08-2011, 06:36 PM

You all have inspired me. I was totally frustrated with the quilt I've been working on. I finally said the heck with it & pulled out a small quilt. The small quilt I pulled out was more finished than I'd thought & the quilting left to do isn't complicated & much less than I'd remembered. So, thank you to all. :thumbup:
Old 10-08-2011, 06:56 PM

Hmmm! I think I have 7or 8 at the moment. One will be off to the quilter tomorrow. Does material for unstarted projects count? If so I am in deep do do!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:00 PM

It doesn't matter if you finish or not, as long as you have fun.Why does it matter to those that made the comment?
Old 10-08-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by SharBear
who's she... the UFO police? Are you happy and having fun with your projects? That's really all that matters!!!
People need to learn to keep their opinions to themselves - and we need to learn to tell them that their opinion is not appreciated.
I totally agree. Some people just can't seem to help themselves. Seems that woman needed lessons in "TACT".
Old 10-08-2011, 09:05 PM

I don't want to know. I just want to get some finish for Christmas. When I am working on one quilt my mine is planning another. I would not know what to do if I had all of my UFO's done. The world would end. I quilt to forget about my Stress not gave me Stress!!! God Bless us Quilters.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by bjdemir
Hmmm! I think I have 7or 8 at the moment. One will be off to the quilter tomorrow. Does material for unstarted projects count? If so I am in deep do do!
Of course material doesn't count! That is simply R&D (research and development). ;)
Old 10-08-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by grandjan
Okay, here's a theory. Some things are not meant to be finished. They are part of the creative learning process, much like preliminary sketches of a painting. Especially while you are learning and exploring different techniques, there are likely to be many projects that, once you've learned what you need to learn, you don't feel any particular need to finish. Consider giving away the ones that someone else might want to invest some time in and get rid of the rest. This may or may not apply to you but it does to some quilters and I hate to see people beat themselves up over UFO's that have actually done their job.
I like this - very wise - thankyou.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:07 AM

at least 10 and probably 15 or so. Most need bindings or backs or to be taken to quilter. Oh well, the quilt police will just have to come and get me. All I can say is they better have backs I like and free LAQ. LOL
Old 10-09-2011, 06:40 AM

LOL boy I'm with you I have so many things started and not finished. I tell them, "If I finish them I would have nothing to get up the next morning for. Beside as long as I have an unfinished project I have to stay alive to finish."
Old 10-09-2011, 06:48 AM

I have some too, think of them as WIPS, works in progress! I don't care for some of these quilt police attitudes either, & alot, I have noticed, come from ones who don't quilt, or do anything creative, so who are they to judge, & how on earth would they understand anyway, right! Just remember... people who mind don't matter, & people who matter don't mind! I keep telling myself this anyway, lol... Just enjoy your quilting & don't worry about what ones like this say!