How was your day?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by athomenow
DH just got home and decided he had been the perfect husband today so bought himself a golf membership at the country club. I see alot of retail therapy in my future! They sure know how to work it, don't they. Go out with the wife for a few hours and then get something big for themselves! Oh well!
I love my husband of 33 years, and he is a great guy. However, if he starts to wash dishes or would offer to take me to yard sales, I have learned to just ask him, "ok, what is it you want, and how much does it cost?!.....ha ha
Old 10-09-2011, 05:49 PM

With the help of DH and a couple dear friends, I now have a completely black front lawn. We spread black plastic over all of the old weeds, in preparation for my new yard (next summer). I am severely allergic to grass, so the back yard will stay grass for the dogs, but the front yard will be all 'curly thyme'. It is a short ground cover that a sweet neighbor showed me in her yard. It spreads on it's own, and stays short, and chokes out the weeds. (And smells wonderful when walked on.) In the summer, it has itty-bitty flowers all over it. I'm tired and sore, but thrilled to begin working on the outside of the house next year, now that the inside is all finished.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:34 PM

Our day was a very good one; harvesting corn again today. The weather has been beautiful for our harvert season. God is good.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:29 PM

I've never had a bad day or a bad boss.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:57 PM

Sounds like you had a fun day. I did too. My 2 DDs and DGD and myself went wandering through Vintage and Antique stores. OMG!! My whole childhood was in those stores! I think my mom could stock one herself! There was so much I wanted to buy but I behaved myself. Some day when I finally get to redecorate my kitchen I'm going shopping there for some great retro kitchen items!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:26 PM

Had a good day with my gf, Mary Frances. Then I went home to do laundry. I decided on laundry instead. For the past 3 months I can sleep 12 hrs at night and sometimes a 5 hr nap during the day. It is 2 hrs past my bedtime
Old 10-13-2011, 07:59 PM

productive